Am I A Bit Over-stocked?

Nyu

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Zealand
Okay, well my mum, decided that I couldn't only have a couple of tetra's, so instead of getting, 5 neon tetra's and 5 glowlight, I have 10 of each with 10 platy's. 30 fish in a 70L (wow that seems alot but really, it's not that much o.o), they live together fine and they all seem very happy. Am I over-stocked? Or is this amount of small fish okay lol?
 
Okay, well my mum, decided that I couldn't only have a couple of tetra's, so instead of getting, 5 neon tetra's and 5 glowlight, I have 10 of each with 10 platy's. 30 fish in a 70L (wow that seems alot but really, it's not that much o.o), they live together fine and they all seem very happy. Am I over-stocked? Or is this amount of small fish okay lol?


Id say possibly, bue seen as though you have livebearers, you will defininely be overstocked as they breed fairly quickly
 
what are your water stats:?

ammonia, nitrite and nitrate

Uhm, Nitrite 0ppm, Ammonia is 2.0ppm because recently I had to replace my filter because it broke Dx but I'm getting it sorted. And the Nitrate was like 5.0ppm and I'm told that should be higher? Still trying to find the stuff for it in my lps. But all my fish are happy and healthy, (although they are pigs lol)

Okay, well my mum, decided that I couldn't only have a couple of tetra's, so instead of getting, 5 neon tetra's and 5 glowlight, I have 10 of each with 10 platy's. 30 fish in a 70L (wow that seems alot but really, it's not that much o.o), they live together fine and they all seem very happy. Am I over-stocked? Or is this amount of small fish okay lol?


Id say possibly, bue seen as though you have livebearers, you will defininely be overstocked as they breed fairly quickly

If I find any fry swimming around (at the minute I have one lonely one) once they're at the right size I'm selling them on :D
 
Lol no, normally my stats are fine (apart from the Nitrate, but like I said, trying to get it sorted ^^'), but the broken filter sent everything a bit skew-if, slowly it's getting better :)
 
Lol no, normally my stats are fine (apart from the Nitrate, but like I said, trying to get it sorted ^^'), but the broken filter sent everything a bit skew-if, slowly it's getting better :)
you need to do lots of water changes to get the ammonia down...and your nitrate being low is a good thing
 
Your fish are not happy and healthy in ammonia of 2! That is high and you really need to keep an eye on it and keep doing big water changes to keep it down as truck said.
 
Lol no, normally my stats are fine (apart from the Nitrate, but like I said, trying to get it sorted ^^'), but the broken filter sent everything a bit skew-if, slowly it's getting better :)
you need to do lots of water changes to get the ammonia down...and your nitrate being low is a good thing

Okay thanks. And oh it is? Okay thanks lol.

Your fish are not happy and healthy in ammonia of 2! That is high and you really need to keep an eye on it and keep doing big water changes to keep it down as truck said.


Okay. I'll do a 25% water change tomorrow, and maybe another 25% on Tuesday and then go from there?
 
no you need to fo a 75% water change NOW, one tonight, one tomorrow morning, one tomorrow night etc

Okay. Will do! *salutes* I just have to be careful because my arm's in a cast so I need to get my mum to help. (Uhm, now is tonight, it's 8pm here)
 
no you need to fo a 75% water change NOW, one tonight, one tomorrow morning, one tomorrow night etc

Okay. Will do! *salutes* I just have to be careful because my arm's in a cast so I need to get my mum to help. (Uhm, now is tonight, it's 8pm here)
oh didnt know about the time difference...do one now and one in the morning then
 
I must say Nyu, I respect you.
You are listening to advise and doing as they say, which is the best way as these people have alot of knowledge. Recently there have been alot of people on here that if they got told they needed to do a big water change now, they would start kicking off. But you accept it and go and do it. It shows you care about your fish and listen to advise. So I respect that.
:good:

YF
 
no you need to fo a 75% water change NOW, one tonight, one tomorrow morning, one tomorrow night etc

Okay. Will do! *salutes* I just have to be careful because my arm's in a cast so I need to get my mum to help. (Uhm, now is tonight, it's 8pm here)
oh didnt know about the time difference...do one now and one in the morning then

Okie dokie, I'll try and do one as big as I can tonight then do like a *huge* one tomorrow. That sound ok?

I must say Nyu, I respect you.
You are listening to advise and doing as they say, which is the best way as these people have alot of knowledge. Recently there have been alot of people on here that if they got told they needed to do a big water change now, they would start kicking off. But you accept it and go and do it. It shows you care about your fish and listen to advise. So I respect that.
:good:

YF


D'awwww. Well, I love my fish, they're like my babies lol, I have actually been trying to get a job in my lps, but they either don't accept people until they're 16, (I only turn 16 next year Dx) Or they just don't need me. Which kinda sucks but I'll keep trying. But thanks, I appreciate it :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top