Alternative food for my pleco

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
I am convinced my sailfin pleco is carnivorous he is around a foot long 12inch and I never see him feed
He is nocturnal 100% itā€™s a very rare moment to see him with lights on even at his size
I drop 2-3 algae wafers in a day and he never eats them my cory do my geophagus do but not him , he his a healthy weight so Iā€™m not worried but as soon as I drop a meaty treat in he moves and he means business, if no meaty treat is available he will eat my cichlids bug bite pellets , he will eat cucumbers and sweet potato but thatā€™s it , problem is heā€™s having to compete for the food he likes and as a nocturnal passive feeder I fear heā€™s missing out , is there anything that pleco will almost say exclusively eat ?

Hello. I would try feeding your pleco some zucchini or green beans.

I just donā€™t think he like algae he never cleans algae off anything , he does get far more meaty stuff than vegetables to be honest but that because everything in my tabk will eat meat but not veg a few will eat peas if I take the shell off lol , I always feel like for such a big fish I donā€™t see what he eats but he must be collecting the small flakes and pellets off the sand , I do feed on the night but again I donā€™t sit and watch so I donā€™t know whatā€™s eating it lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back