All The Advice I Can Get!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Daveo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well that really says it all I need all the help I can get on breeding angle fish. thanks guys/gals.

Daveo

Daveo said:
Well that really says it all I need all the help I can get on breeding angle fish. thanks guys/gals.

Daveo
Why not put it into a Google search? :unsure:

You guys are much better than google.(an I already did) :p

Daveo

Daveo said:
You guys are much better than google.(an I already did) :p

Daveo
lol, well I don't know anything about breeding Angelfish. So I'd wait for somebody else :p

There have been many books written on breeding angels, as everyone's situation is different. By looking at your profile, you have a few decent size tanks for starting a small breeding operation. Do you have any pairs yet? If not, get around 8 smaller angels of the type you would like to breed, put them in the 55 & wait for a pair or 2 to form. If you have a pair, one of those 29s is ideal for a pair. I let mine spawn a couple of times before pulling the spawn. New pairs need practice to get a good strong spawn, many times the first few are kind of weak.

Pulling & hatching spawns is half reading up, half trial & error, whatever works best for you. Like I said, books of info. Plenty of growout room is needed, spawns are 300-500 fry. Growing to dime size, you can stock 2 fish per gallon, nickle size, 1 fish per gallon. Even at this stocking rate, be ready for plenty of water changes.

Be sure to have buyers lined up for the fish, it can get out of hand pretty quickly once you figure it out.

Tolak

hi
just thought ide let you know what i did with my angel eggs,as soon as my pair laid eggs i thought it would be best to leave them,bad idea ,no the parents didn,t eat them but as soon as they became free swimming i lost almost all of them down the gravel,there so tiny you couldn,t almost see them there even smaller than danio babies ,anyway,as soon as they laid eggs i cut the leaf with the eggs off and placed them in a jug in the same tank and moved them on to a smaller tank,making sure that the eggs never came out of the water and the jug should then be emptied in to the smaller tank,and keep the water well airated,as soon as you see wigglers still stuck to the leaf after a couple of days,you should get some liquifry ready, theres no need to feed at this point as they still feed of the yolk sac,as soon as you see free swimmers drop in the liquifry,after a week or 2 start feeding on brine shrimps at least five times a day and regular water changes,and you should soon starting seeing good growth .but make sure you filter is a sponge filter so the babies dont get sucked up, angel fish dont like strong current so make sure your filter isn,t to strong,and put some tights over the filter with a elastic band so the weaker ones wont also get sucked up,i bred angel fish for a year with a spawning every 3 weeks and had almost perfect results, pm me if you need any other advice
thanks
and good luck

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back