Hello!
I am new to the forum though not so new to fish. I have several tanks with goldfish, a puffer and tropical fish. I have a question about my 29 gallon tropical tank. I've had the same fish in there (mostly platies and guppies) for almost six months now, and they've all done swimmingly (no pun intended). I check the water quality frequently, and recently noticed a drop in my alkalinity, which is almost non-existent. The PH, however, is stable at about 7.2, though I expected it to be much lower since the alkalinity is so off. Should I be concerned about the drop in alkalinity? And if I should be, how would I go about raising it? I have a small tank with a betta and three frogs in it that is experiencing similar problems, though the PH is that one is as low as the alkalinity. If someone could advise me I would much appreciate it.
I am new to the forum though not so new to fish. I have several tanks with goldfish, a puffer and tropical fish. I have a question about my 29 gallon tropical tank. I've had the same fish in there (mostly platies and guppies) for almost six months now, and they've all done swimmingly (no pun intended). I check the water quality frequently, and recently noticed a drop in my alkalinity, which is almost non-existent. The PH, however, is stable at about 7.2, though I expected it to be much lower since the alkalinity is so off. Should I be concerned about the drop in alkalinity? And if I should be, how would I go about raising it? I have a small tank with a betta and three frogs in it that is experiencing similar problems, though the PH is that one is as low as the alkalinity. If someone could advise me I would much appreciate it.







