algee

goldfishattack

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want some algee to grow in my tank for my new brichardis, they need hard water (what ever that is). How or what would I do to start the growing process?

first; it's algae.

second; if you haven't a clue what 'hard water' is you should definately wait and research your fish first! you're diving into everything much to fast!

Goldfishattack hardwater generally is amound of calcium carbonate in the water. If you're diving into specific fish that need crucial water parameters then I suggest you start with something slightly easier just to get the experience, too many fish have been lost this way, its not any slightl on yourself but in the long run its the fishes life you're thinking about, you've got the rest of yours so don't kill a fish just because you want to go too fast.

Take care

Matt

I just learned how hard water can take place........ if I crush shells and #### this will make my water hard, tell me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right tell me how exactly.

A lot of fish are tolerant of water conditions (hardness) but first how big a tank are you looking at setting up, smaller tanks are much harder to keep stable water levels, you're previous posts mentioned a 10 gal. Its not a case of explaining its something that comes with experience take it easy I've rushed things too many times and paid the consequence.

yeah its a 10 gallon, i'm not really rushing it, I already have my tank cycled for about a month now, alls I need are my fish mabey some alae to grow and figure how to get my water hard.

Ok if you're absolutely adamant you want one of these check on the African Cichlid sectin but you may find that they can adapt to slightly softer conditions

You should be able to pick them up at any fish store.

Not sure how much they would be for you, I don't know where you are.

I get Spirulina Disks for about $3.50 at my lfs. It's not expensive.

by the way, why do you guys hate algae, if you let it grow in the right places it can look pretty cool, and plus it houses lots of bacteria wich is good for the fishes. hmmm?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back