Algae

mcdanielnc89

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
US
How the heck can I get rid of All this blasted algae? I don't want ot use algae conditioners for I have shrimp and I have NO money to buy any algae eating species...

What else would I be able to do?
 
How the heck can I get rid of All this blasted algae? I don't want ot use algae conditioners for I have shrimp and I have NO money to buy any algae eating species...

What else would I be able to do?


dont over feed and reduce lighting!
test for nitrates?
 
how do u know how much food to give? and i only have 65 watts in my 20 gallon tnak..
 
How many plants do you have and are you running CO2?
 
I have taiwan moss, and vallis corkscrews, and wisteria.. and yes i run co2.
 
You don't have enough money for otto's? There only about a buck where I live.
 
Yea, I have no idea where to get them around here other than buying them online and the shipping is outrageous...
 
adding more fish won't help...

make sure your CO2 is STABLE at 30ppm and get more plants soon. For a tank with that much light you should have at least 80% of the substrate covered to compete with the algae.

ps try aquabid for plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top