Algae on fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you choose to take offense that's your prerogative. Although I'm sorry your perception is of the nature to take what I say personally, I was merely trying to get information so we could help you, so I won't apologize for being blunt. I hope you have a good day and don't get offended easily when people try to help you in the future.
Again, please be respectful. No need to be “blunt” as that does come off rudely.

Last edited:
Let’s get back to our main topic at hand and let’s try to help the OP in identifying the problem with her molly. Does anyone else have an idea what could cause this coloration on her deceased fish or what may have caused its death.

I'm also a bit stumped at what happened to this fish. I would have to go with a similar explanation to nic1's, that it's some sort of organ-failure related condition or perhaps that it ate something it shouldn't have and had organ problems as a result of it. Fish will sometimes do dingy things like eat a sharp bits of gravel/plastic/etc. and have internal problems from it. Internal bleeding from things like that can cause a similar appearance, although usually it's more blue/red and not so yellow/green.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back