Algae Is A Pain

solmartin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, for the last month, I've been fighting algae like crazy. It appears in two spots quite frequently. One is about front-center of the tank on the glass. The other is the heater/biolife filter thing. It's a pain there. I clean the filters, I scrub all the time, but it just keeps showing up. Any advice?

Another question posed, is because i use the biolife filter, how often should i replace the bio core and hex nodes?

Thanks,
S.

are the bio core and hex nodes the only biological filter? if so once a year will do and only change a few at a time. have your water tested for phosphate as this is normally the cause of prolific algae.

well its good if theres no or little phosphate in your water, because you won't be adding it when you do a water change but phosphate can be generated in the tank.

Get a chinese algae eater they're peaceful, fun to watch, and they eat algae like you wouldn't believe. I had a lot of algae in my tank, and the algae eater really helped get rid of it. And unlike Plecos, they don't make a big mess of your tank. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back