C cats New Member Joined Mar 11, 2008 Messages 4 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Apr 6, 2008 #1 I have a 5 gallon hex and I have green algae that looks like grass growing on the glass what algae eater would take care of this
I have a 5 gallon hex and I have green algae that looks like grass growing on the glass what algae eater would take care of this
chicklette Fish Crazy Joined Jan 20, 2008 Messages 305 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Canada Apr 6, 2008 #2 You could get a couple ottos or a chinese algae eater. A 5 gallon is way to small for a pleco but a otto would be best.
You could get a couple ottos or a chinese algae eater. A 5 gallon is way to small for a pleco but a otto would be best.
C cats New Member Joined Mar 11, 2008 Messages 4 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Apr 6, 2008 #3 chicklette said: You could get a couple ottos or a chinese algae eater. A 5 gallon is way to small for a pleco but a otto would be best. Click to expand... I have a otto in there already, and I have java fern and a vine plant not sure what kind it is. I have the light on 12-15hrs, so there would be enough food for the otto and light for the plants is it on to long.
chicklette said: You could get a couple ottos or a chinese algae eater. A 5 gallon is way to small for a pleco but a otto would be best. Click to expand... I have a otto in there already, and I have java fern and a vine plant not sure what kind it is. I have the light on 12-15hrs, so there would be enough food for the otto and light for the plants is it on to long.