Algae Bloom?!?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AstonN24vantage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
my turtles water has turned very green recently and i am almost 100% sure its an algae bloom, but before i could be that 100% sure, i was wondering if turtles tanks can even get them? its a 20g long, 2 red eared sliders, tetra whisper filter for 20g + (i know i need an upgrade, but i've been souping up the cartridges to compensate). monday, i bought an infrared heat lamp and im not sure if that may have anything to do with it, but i dont really remember when exactly it started. i remember though, that i got an algae bloom in my fish tank, i used API algaefix to solve the problem and it worked great. i was wondering if i could use that for the turtles and if it would have any negative effects? my tank IS right infront of a window, and lights are on for 12 hours, pretty much just like the natural light that gets in. do you need tests? ( i just dont wanna get e. coli on my test kit and find that it was a waste of time and i didnt need to do it)

any help given is greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Give us some stats:

How often do you do water changes? How much water?

How often do you feed? How much?

How big are the turtles?

What kind of light?

What kind of lid do you have? Solid or screen? Nothing?

its okay now. sorry i didnt realize i needed that info.

i found out that algaefix was safe for turtles, and i couldn't wait for the response because i was going anyway, and the turtles were getting unhappier by the day. their tank is now crystal clear

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back