Albino tiger barbs not looking healthy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

McRic

Reaction score
Hi can someone help please, I got a couple of albino tiger barbs today and they seem to be swimming with there noses towards the bottom of the tank, they were lively enough in the shop have you got any ideas? Also the rest of the tank is not making much movement really could they have a disease of some sort, I only really know of whitespot and they don’t seem to have that. Pics of the albino tiger barbs below. :(

Cheers

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

first thing I would look at is water parameters, ammonia, nitrite & nitrate. If you haven't got a water test kit most lfs will do one for a small fee.
Also check water temp this time of year.

Thats a good starting point when you fish all start looking a bit of colour.

BTW How long has tank been running?

Hope this helps

David :fish:

Hi there, welcome to the forums!

Are they doing this all the time or just now and then? Tiger barbs do this vertical stand when they are resting, but they shouldn't be doing it constantly. Definately check your water and get back to us, but if this isn't a 24 hour position, I wouldn't worry about it. About half my tiger barb tank is doing it right now. :)

cheers for the welcome, they're swimmin bout appy as larry this mornin so musta just been resting as you said :D

I found a snail in the tank this orning though is that bad news :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back