Albino Snakehead, Species?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dave_oddballs

ray and oddball keeper !!
Reaction score
i went to bas in bolton today to check out some channa. They had some very nice channa sp. Blue moonlight galaxy, i just didn't have the £95 each they wanted! They alsn had a couple of albino's, now i know the most common albino channa is c. Striata, but i dont think they was having got home and looked at pics the striata have a more 'pointy' head. They looked exactly the same shape as the assams i have and the bleheri i did have. I had a real urge to buy them but when i asked what sp. They was i got told "we don't know" which put me off slightly, the conversation didn't go as far as finding out the price. As much as i liked them i wouldnt get them unsure of what sp. They are as i dont want to be stuck with a 3 foot channa i cant give a decent home to! Any ideas? Albino channa about 4 inch and similar body and head shape to assam and bleheri!
Also they had a single channa same size all white with a browny gray pattern down its back, got the same responce when i asked what sp. It was!
I should of took some pics but i didnt think! So any ideas anyone?
David

i went to bas in bolton today to check out some channa. They had some very nice channa sp. Blue moonlight galaxy, i just didn't have the £95 each they wanted! They alsn had a couple of albino's, now i know the most common albino channa is c. Striata, but i dont think they was having got home and looked at pics the striata have a more 'pointy' head. They looked exactly the same shape as the assams i have and the bleheri i did have. I had a real urge to buy them but when i asked what sp. They was i got told "we don't know" which put me off slightly, the conversation didn't go as far as finding out the price. As much as i liked them i wouldnt get them unsure of what sp. They are as i dont want to be stuck with a 3 foot channa i cant give a decent home to! Any ideas? Albino channa about 4 inch and similar body and head shape to assam and bleheri!
Also they had a single channa same size all white with a browny gray pattern down its back, got the same responce when i asked what sp. It was!
I should of took some pics but i didnt think! So any ideas anyone?
David

hi dave did you see any rubber eels there?

well i know of channa striata ,, Platinum Snakehead not sure latin name<think this one maybe>, , Channa micropeltes albino , Channa marulius :unsure: ,

glad you walked away i prob would have impulsed

nope no rubber eels.
Ooo them snakeheads did look like the platinum ones! £150 at wildwoods. Gonna email andy at bas tomorow to get a price. Might get a good deal, na it defo wasnt the shape of one of the giants. I will do a bit of research! Does anybody know how big sp. platinum get? I liked the sp. blue moonbeam galaxy but dont wanna pay £95 each for them!
David

think there 90pound's at wildwood's......there quite costly fish...yes email him and see what deal he could make..don't tell them what it is just say it hit your soft spot and you want it but not if it's to much :shifty:

Go for it, may get a major bargain if there not sure what it is,

if you can get him to send you some photo's then i will email them to col for you, snakehead breeder

anyhow some of us have to work at 6am,,,,night

3497996322_2264e7eb8d_o.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back