Air Pumps

Rickster

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kingswinford (West Midlands)
Hi,


Just brought an Interpet AP3 air pump, and its going back tomorrow as it is very noisy. Looked about on here and the Rena seems the best, what does everyone else think, based on quietness?



Thanks
 
I find the AP3's are quite good, try putting on a sponge or something to see if that helps.

I try to only use Rena or AP's
 
I've compared Rena, Sera, Eheim, Tetra, Newair, Interpet, Resun...and I can't remember if there was another brand...at the LFS and that's the order I'd rate them in fro quietness (Rena being the most quiet). I don't remember much difference between the Tetra, Newair and Interpet ones so they might be muddled up slightly.

I've got an old Rena and find it very quiet compared to my current Hailea air pump (which is stronger and much cheaper though).

Though remember airpumps will always make some noise from the bubbles, and most noisy ones can be quietened by sitting the on a bit of filter foam mat and keeping them in a cabinet.

If I needed a quiet pump I would go for a Sera, considering that they are quite a bit cheaper than Rena (at least at the LFS). But I don't know how they compare in reliability, as Renas are great.
 
I've compared Rena, Sera, Eheim, Tetra, Newair, Interpet, Resun...and I can't remember if there was another brand...at the LFS and that's the order I'd rate them in fro quietness (Rena being the most quiet). I don't remember much difference between the Tetra, Newair and Interpet ones so they might be muddled up slightly.

I've got an old Rena and find it very quiet compared to my current Hailea air pump (which is stronger and much cheaper though).

Though remember airpumps will always make some noise from the bubbles, and most noisy ones can be quietened by sitting the on a bit of filter foam mat and keeping them in a cabinet.

If I needed a quiet pump I would go for a Sera, considering that they are quite a bit cheaper than Rena (at least at the LFS). But I don't know how they compare in reliability, as Renas are great.



Thanks for the advice, will try putting it on a sponge or something similar as suggested, will let you know hw I get on.
 
I do find with AP's the the diaphram dose go after a year or so and this causes a major noise from the inside, but you can get new one's easily.
 
:( is it comeing from inside, if so they should replace it.
 
Well I took the Interpet one back as it was still noisey no matter what I did and brought one from a LFS instead, its a Soinc, tested it in the shop, and now back at home it is so much quieter than the other one. Never heard of this make before but it has and adjuster for the air flow, early days I know but I would recommend this make.
 
With an adjustable air pump, I find that when it is not pumping its heart out it is quieter. Buy bigger than you need and turn it down a bit for quiet.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top