The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Louise Charlton

Reaction score
Hi Iā€™m new her and desperately seeking answers or ideas.

I have an 80cm air bubble curtain and an aqua one infinity 950 air pump. Only the middle of the air curtain works. As the air pump has 2 outlets on it, I was looking at getting another air pump and wanted to know if I got a 2 splitter valve, would it work if I put the 2 outlets from the air pump onto the valve and the use the third valve as an outlet to the air curtain?

Attachments

• 60964C6F-69BF-4F75-9806-CD06F1C2FF08.jpeg
    60964C6F-69BF-4F75-9806-CD06F1C2FF08.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 214
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Your best bet is to buy a bigger air pump. However, you can put 2 outlets onto a T-piece and attach the air curtain to the third side of the T-piece. You buy plastic T-pieces from any petshop for about 50cents.

If you have an air operated filter in the tank, that should be the first priority and get air at all times. Air curtains are ornamental and help increase oxygen levels in the water but are not essential.

You can try poking bigger holes in the air curtain using a sewing needle. The bigger holes will allow more air out and won't require as much air pressure from the pump.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the ideas. I wasnā€™t sure it the T valves were directional or not (one way).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back