Air Line Control Valves

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
Is there anyplace to get brass or stainless steel air line control valves ? The plastic ones have no adjustment to them and either go full on or off. There's just no fine tuning the plastic ones.

Is there anyplace to get brass or stainless steel air line control valves ? The plastic ones have no adjustment to them and either go full on or off. There's just no fine tuning the plastic ones.

I found a good quality plastic one, I have had a couple of them for several years now and they do adjust well. Interestingly there is no manufacturer/name on the valve, but I think they are the linked or very similar; they look much the same.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001CQ69I8/?tag=

I actually had brass once and it was far worse.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You can buy adjustable plastic taps that fit in the airline and these are full adjustable. Some brands are better than others and the dark green ones are usually better than the light green ones. Any pet shop should sell them otherwise check out Ebay or Amazon.

You can buy adjustable plastic taps that fit in the airline and these are full adjustable. Some brands are better than others and the dark green ones are usually better than the light green ones. Any pet shop should sell them otherwise check out Ebay or Amazon.
Yes, I have the Lee's brand now. They are a sort of blue color. The adjustment is just not fine enough. It's all one way or the other. It takes a lot of tinkering to get them exact. I had brass years ago and they were of a very good quality. Sadly we live in the age of mass produced planned obsolescence. The first casualty of this age was craftsmanship, then quality and then customer service. People don't care about anything as long as it's cheap. It's gotta be cheap. Cheap junk satisfies people. I hate cheap plastic junk. OK. I'm alright now.

Sadly we live in the age of mass produced planned obsolescence. The first casualty of this age was craftsmanship, then quality and then customer service. People don't care about anything as long as it's cheap. It's gotta be cheap. Cheap junk satisfies people. I hate cheap plastic junk. OK. I'm alright now.
I fully agree with you. I would much rather pay a bit more and get something that is going to last, than save a couple of dollars and spend the next 12 months going back and forth to the store to get it replaced or repaired.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back