Aggressive Female

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JustKia

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just evicted Inky from the sorority tank after she attacked Dinky again.
Inky was always the "top fish" in the community tank and seemed to particularly dislike Dinky.
I'd hoped in the new tank they'd have to re-sort the pecking order...

Sadly, I've just witnessed Inky attack Dinky, who now has a shredded anal fin.
So, she's been evicted.

She's definitely female - or rather she appears to have an ovipositor. Boy can she flare :crazy:

put her in a breeding trap in the tank and let her calm down and every time she gets to agressive put her back in there.there proberly just sorting out the pecking order againg now you have added a few new bettas

Yes, I had 2 of my females violently fight for the first 4 hours or more when they were all introduced i ended up with a few fish with missing fins etc but now they all get along fine, i just let the fighting go on as i know they were just sorting out whos boss. Now the tanks peaceful! :good: I would leave Inky wherever she is now, then in a few days take them all out bag them up seperately rearrange the tank after an hour reintroudce all females leaving the most agressive(dominant) till last.

Also how many bettas are in the sorority?

She was somewhat aggressive when the first 3 were in the community tank but I guess there was enough space that Dinky could stay away from her.
I added Inky last to the sorority in the hopes it would aleviate some of the aggression, but seems that she's even more mean.
That was pretty violent this evening. I don't think it's be fair to either of them to carry on like that.

There's a total of 6 girls - 3 from the community and 3 new ones (well 5 now as Inky's back in the other tank).

o_O; I have a female Betta fishy like that -- Metamorphix -- and recently I moved her to my community tank. She's the only Betta in there, yet, she's MEAN to the platies! :eek:

She has a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD record -- she killed Tropica and terrorized Queenie. So, 1 count of murder, and, like, 3 counts of threat, and 1 count of assault (I THINK). She threatened ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my other fish. :lol: :(

I have a naughty bad girl in my sorority as well. A month ago my large blue female attacked my favorite green female (my breeding gal) and it was really bad. I don't know what went on, as I wasn't there to see it. But when I came into the room I noticed my green female was missing during feeding time and later I found her in the plants, alive, trying to steady herself, but gutted from her tube to her chin. It was horrible. Had to put the old girl down, but it was for the best. v___v

Yep, Inky is a large blue female too :blink:
She'd flare at Pinky and chase her off, but never actually attacked her - she saved that for poor Dinky.
At least she isn't having a go at the other community fish.

If I can get the rest of the fish into the new bigger tank asap and persuade hubby to get the 2 males we were offered yesterday and divide up the 125L into 5 sections then she can have one to herself as well.

Thats strange cos its my large blue females that i hav a problem with. One of my Blue Girls used to be really chilledout but once she got a bit older she started to pick on the others

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back