Aggressive Clarkii Clown / Whitespot?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Just a few days after my flasher wrasse having frayed fins my female clarkii clownfish has striked again. Although this time she isn't damaging the flasher wrasses fins she is chasing him away and over the past day or two I've noticed my wrasse has for most of the time been hiding behind my skimmer pump. Also it seems to have a few white spots on it's body and fins, maybe like 5. My Coral Beauty might also have some spots but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway to be honest I think this time I'm just going to take the clown back is it is getting ridiculous. Do you guys think I should hang onto the male hoping he'll become a well behaved female or take them both back?

On a more urgent note do you think this sounds like white spot or any other disease or could it just be stress spots or something?

By the way I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Would get shot of both if anyting mate as if he turns he'll most likely take on her temperament as well...
Hopefully only stress spots after new introduction of angel and the clowns aggression..
keep an eye on them if clowns are removed to see if it settles before you start any whitespot treatments

Would get shot of both if anyting mate as if he turns he'll most likely take on her temperament as well...
Hopefully only stress spots after new introduction of angel and the clowns aggression..
keep an eye on them if clowns are removed to see if it settles before you start any whitespot treatments

Reckon I should get some nice false percs when everything is ok?

Keep an eye on the spots for a while before any introductions mate....percs can be little terrors as well...know both my pair are and willing to fight with any takers...also exceptionally defensive of whatever they are hosting

Keep an eye on the spots for a while before any introductions mate....percs can be little terrors as well...know both my pair are and willing to fight with any takers...also exceptionally defensive of whatever they are hosting

But don't you think it wouldn't be as bad because they would be the last fish added?

Through orange percs in at last minute into wee mans nano and they not only attack the other established fish, inc a lionfish, but happily attack me as well,lol...If bought small they won't be so bad..as they pair off the fun can begin but lots keeping them with no probs...tins I know has a pair in hers and has a flasher in with them

Through orange percs in at last minute into wee mans nano and they not only attack the other established fish, inc a lionfish, but happily attack me as well,lol...If bought small they won't be so bad..as they pair off the fun can begin but lots keeping them with no probs...tins I know has a pair in hers and has a flasher in with them

To be honest I am really annoyed I have to get rid of my Clarkiis to be honest :/.

Anyway I really hope that my flasher doesn't have whitespot as knowing my luck I will end up with no fish at all.

Hoping its stress spots for you Luke, keeping the fingers crossed. Feed very small amounts up to 10 times a day, only the same amount as you normally would. If you can get some New Era, this is very good food for building fish up. The spray for frozen food is excellent.

Bud is reet, I have a flasher and I have percs. If you buy them small enough, you will stand a better chance, mine are only just starting to become territorial over their hosting site. The flasher actually scares the clowns if he circles them flashing. :lol:

I have been told many times, that this will not last, either it won't and they will become more bolshy (currently only towards the blenny if he gets too close) or that I really do have a pair of wimps.

I added them at about an 1" in size (not really small, but small), they are now approaching 2" and are considerably wider than they were. The female is still only slightly bigger then the male though. So time for changes yet.

To be honest, my juvenile tang is boss, and the clowns were added first, but this probably is not normal, my fish are never normal. As Buddy often says, our fish don't read the books we do.

Well the funny thing is that my clarkii clowns are only small too probably less than 2".

Anyway as for food I have some Tetra marine flaskes and frozen food. Shall I get the standard lipsome spray if they do it or one of the immo wotsit ones? Not sure if I can afford both though depends how much I get for my clowns (probably not much :().

Check the sell by on either of these sprays b4 buying as often still on the shelves well after this has expired....either will be of benefit or if the pocket can stretch this far i'd opt for both, using them alternatively...

Just read this little snippet...

"Clark's anemone fish are belligerent when large, attacking anything that threatens their anemone, including aquarists fingers..It is quite capable of drawing blood. Choose robust tankmates. Even smaller individuals are capable of holding their own against significantly larger tankmates"....
Tristan lougher

Just turned my new narva blues on to have a quick look and I can't see any white spots today. Going to try and get my mum to take back the clowns today (after I catch them which could take a while, don't worry I've caught the female before with food in the net.)

Happy fishing mate...and remember...

calm and patient ...catchy fishy, frantic and swearing ...a long day ahead

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha yeah that's as long as my mum doesn't protest to taking them back today.

Anyway I just spotted a spot of the wrasses tail and one under the mouth so there's still a couple but it's getting better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back