Aggression Question

If he starts to get picked on a bit I'll move him to 30 gallon until he gets too big for it.
Whats so bad about him being in there if hes doing great?!!?!
Oh, sure it's not a perfect mbuna tank but stop bugging me about it. He's doing fine, if he does happen to get picked on I will move him.

I give up, Goodbye and good day

Is it okay to feed africans a feeder guppy every once in a while?

Do what you want ive maybe said its a good idea and to get rid of the tinfoil 10 times now. At one point you actually said you were going to. Im not bugging you, im telling you its NOT going to work. Its not fair to the tinfoil to live a life in constant fear and terror. First off the 30 gallon is going to be WAY WAY to small. Your going to either have to buy another tank which if thats the case than by all means go for it, otherwise your inevitably going to have to rehome him. Your current set up is either not suitable for your malawi's or for your tinfoil depending on what your PH is. Tinfoils require a PH of 6.5-7.0. None of this is your fault, im not blaming attacking or bugging you. You just shouldnt have it, your being stuborn and unfair to your fish. Its just a shame. You've got a real great LFS :lol:

I will appologize as well, then throw in my final.. You should have done it sooner. :lol: Look Tinny isnt going to be tinny forever. He is certainly not suitable for an african cichlid tank nor a 30 gallon tank. Thats all. Im a firm believer that you only live once. So does tinny. If you care then you realize its not fair for him to live his one life under those circumstances... You follow?

Just to add another perspective - whats is almost certainly far worse than tank size or Mbuna aggression is that tinfoil's are very much shoaling fish and should be kept in groups of 5+, requiring something upwards of a 150 gallon tank. A single tinfoil in any environment will lead a very stressed life.

F

Thanks guys for apologizing and i am sorry too. Are there any feeder fish I can feed them?? feeder shrimp?

Thanks guys for apologizing and i am sorry too. Are there any feeder fish I can feed them?? feeder shrimp?

You can feed them brine shrimp if you want, only once or twice a week, and frozen spirulina enhanced are best.
As a couple of people have already said, mbuna cannot properly digest meaty proteins, and since every living aquarium critter I'm aware of is made up of meaty protein, live feeders aren't going to work. The brine shrimp will be more of a treat than anything since they don't have a lot of nutritional value. :good:

Also, I know you said your fish are getting along right now, but remember, mbuna change drastically once they reach sexual maturity, and can go from peaceful to highly aggressive in very little time (sometimes literally overnight). They also tend to be sneaky about it, waiting until dark to start their attacks, so very close observation, and a back-up plan for problem fish is a must.

Ya I rearranged the tank yesterday, then all of a sudden the pseudo tropheus aurora started taking the biggest hiding spot and being territorial. Unfortunately the yellow lab is determined to take it and kept getting chased out, he would swim right back in tho lol. Also are there any foods they can't fit in their mouth and rip apart (i like to watch).

I hand fed them flakes and they go at your fingers like crazy I was very surprised how hard they bit!

Just to add another perspective - whats is almost certainly far worse than tank size or Mbuna aggression is that tinfoil's are very much shoaling fish and should be kept in groups of 5+, requiring something upwards of a 150 gallon tank. A single tinfoil in any environment will lead a very stressed life.

F

True true, i knew this too. The fact that there was a tinfoil in the mbuna tank might have allowed that to slip past me. Good call ferris.

There is this fish I REALLY like it is called blue ahli. Would it go with my other mbuna? should I get 1 male 1 female?

What are the aggression levels like with this species?

Are there any feeder fish I can feed them?? feeder shrimp?

hellooo??? knock knock
:rolleyes:
NO MEATY PROTEIN

sorry to be so crude, but it's already been said a few times....africans do NOT get fed feeder fish As dthoffsett said brine shrimp can be given as a treat but isn't necessary and only do it once a week or so.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back