Aggression Question

Today I bough another pseudo acei (total of 2). I also bought 2 pseudo tropheus aurora's.
A few days ago I bought 2 yellow labs that are now quarantining.

1 pseudo aurora is male one is female.

Should these fish do well with the fish mentioned above?

I couldn't freakin find the fish to double check what it is :S I found it now...aka Metriaclima aurora, Maylandia Aurora.

I think it should be alright, imo. Metriaclima and Pseudotropheus have both been known to be really aggressive. It could be alright. I don't know much about them. You could always try it if you have a back up plan.

I'd get rid of the Kenyi and blue peacock, if it were me.

p.s. Editing your brag page to make it "look good" defeats the purpose of bragging (unless the tinfoil in in another tank)

Get rid of the tinfoil ASAP. The kenyi and blue peacock might work, it might work for a little bit may not work at all. Definately get rid of the tinfoil, that will not work at all.

that's odd because the pseudo acei and pseudo aurora seem like some of the gentlest in the tank.

What do you recommend for their diet? I have high quality cichlid flake food, Spirulina flake, very high quality
community pellets, and frozen brine shrimp.

Right now I feed them 3 times a day, cichlid flake in the morning, spirulina in the afternoon, and both in the evening.
I feed them brine shrimp once every week or 2. I ocassionally feed them pellets once every 2-3 days

that's odd because the pseudo acei and pseudo aurora seem like some of the gentlest in the tank.
It's generally known that Acei is an exception to the aggression rule and aren't ususally as agressive as the others in their genus. I wasn't talking about the acei in my last post. You asked about the aurora.

What do you recommend for their diet? I have high quality cichlid flake food, Spirulina flake, very high quality
community pellets, and frozen brine shrimp.

Right now I feed them 3 times a day, cichlid flake in the morning, spirulina in the afternoon, and both in the evening.
I feed them brine shrimp once every week or 2. I ocassionally feed them pellets once every 2-3 days
I feed mine 2 times a day in what they can eat in about 30-45 seconds. It's better to leave them a little hungry. My staple is the spirulia and Microcrabs cylocpeze.

Here's what I feed mine:

100_2666.jpg

It depends. Mbuna can't have meaty protein b/c it can cause bloat. Check your food and see if it specifies veggie or protein. Other than that it should be ok as long it's not meaty protein.

p.s. The only reason I have a protein pellet (purple lid)is b/c 2 of my 3 species are carnivores.

Ya, I think all my foods are good then. Also, is the occassional feeder guppy okay?

soaup: I'll probably not move the tinfoil until I have issues.

Ya, I think all my foods are good then. Also, is the occassional feeder guppy okay?

Well thats pretty irrisponsible, Thats like saying ill start driving on the wrong side of the road until I crash, or Ill stop eating until I die. Your approach to it is lame, and a blaten disregard for advice given to you.

Well thats pretty irrisponsible, Thats like saying ill start driving on the wrong side of the road until I crash, or Ill stop eating until I die. Your approach to it is lame, and a blaten disregard for advice given to you.

You tend to be a "community" guy, like hanging out with your friends etc. What if you were thrown in a jail cell with a bunch of "aggressive" people. Cop A says to Cop B you know that new guy i dont know if hes gonna be a good mix with the "aggressive" inmates. Cop B says eh we'll just leave him until there is an issue. Say your not home, and the tinfoil finds himself into somewhere one of your africans aren't happy with him being there. They start to beat him up. Where does he have to go when hes trying to get away?

Whats your plan for moving the tinfoil when you have issues? Not a matter of if but when.

If he starts to get picked on a bit I'll move him to 30 gallon until he gets too big for it.
Whats so bad about him being in there if hes doing great?!!?!
Oh, sure it's not a perfect mbuna tank but stop bugging me about it. He's doing fine, if he does happen to get picked on I will move him.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back