kwi
Fish Herder
- Joined
- Aug 27, 2020
- Messages
- 1,022
- Reaction score
- 1,344
- Points
- 113
- Location
- Looking over your shoulder......
LFS is getting some of these.
Anyone have any experience with them?
Found that after I posted, just the picture made me want.......Very cool looking shrimp! Never kept them, never even seen them before. Found this
Looks like they prefer it on the warm side with some good flow, as they wave their 'arms' around to collect particles in the waterVampire Shrimp Tank Set-Up & Care | Funky Filter Shrimp
Learn how to care for a vampire shrimp (Atya gabonensis), the peaceful, filter-feeding African giant for the freshwater aquarium.www.theshrimpfarm.com
![]()
That’s “Vampire”, not Viper though...Very cool looking shrimp! Never kept them, never even seen them before. Found this
Looks like they prefer it on the warm side with some good flow, as they wave their 'arms' around to collect particles in the waterVampire Shrimp Tank Set-Up & Care | Funky Filter Shrimp
Learn how to care for a vampire shrimp (Atya gabonensis), the peaceful, filter-feeding African giant for the freshwater aquarium.www.theshrimpfarm.com
![]()
I think they go by a few names:That’s “Vampire”, not Viper though...
Oh, ok, thanks for the clarification!I think they go by a few names:
Also known as the African Filter Shrimp, Viper Shrimp, Gabon Shrimp, and Cameroon Shrimp

Nice battleship! you should name him Captain Claw.I've just become the happy owner of two vampire shrimp. They are so cool.
View attachment 122000
