FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kwi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
LFS is getting some of these.
viper.jpg
Anyone have any experience with them?

No clue, never heard of them, and I couldn’t find anything online. Looks pretty though.

filter feeders, shy, preferable need some sort of current. Feed like bamboo shrimp, may need to target feed. Feed high quality (not flakes) fine powdered food. You can also squeeze the filter media into the tank a few hours before a WC and it will have a nice treat.

Very cool looking shrimp! Never kept them, never even seen them before. Found this
Looks like they prefer it on the warm side with some good flow, as they wave their 'arms' around to collect particles in the water :D

Reactions: kwi
Make sure you have plenty of flow. I lost my first few because I didn't have enough flow in my tank

Very cool looking shrimp! Never kept them, never even seen them before. Found this
Looks like they prefer it on the warm side with some good flow, as they wave their 'arms' around to collect particles in the water :D
Found that after I posted, just the picture made me want.......

That’s “Vampire”, not Viper though...

Vampire shrimp = viper shrimp. Look at their scientific name...

Reactions: kwi
I have 3 of these great shrimp and interesting to watch. Lots of flow i have 2 filters on my tank for mine. I target feed leaving the filters of for 30mins to make sure they get enough. They also like somewhere to hide especially when they have molted.

We were trying to make naturalistic aquascapes and joking around about those tacky pirate ships (apologies if you have one). That lead to some Google searches and me finding that thing. Sorry, Orinoco biotope.

The big fan shrimp are delightfully weird. They appreciate the powerheads, unlike the cherry shrimp, which try to commit suicide on them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back