Advice on selling aquarium

seannx

Reaction score
I started an aquarium during the pandemic, and itā€™s been a source of enjoyment, but Iā€™m going to start traveling again and need to sell it. Itā€™s a 32.5 gallon Fluval freshwater tank with upgraded pump and heater, stocked primarily with cherry shrimp (lots of them), a few pygmy cory cats, and some snails, with abundant plants. The Aquasky light app allows for custom light profiles, and the filter system works great. Iā€™d like to get $275 for the complete set up (the tank alone is $330+ new). Iā€™ve got plenty of 5 gallon buckets to loan for transporting the livestock, plants, gravel, tank water, etc. to a new home, and live near Santa Rosa, CA. If interested please send me a dm, and Iā€™d also appreciate any advice on selling an aquarium, too. Thanks!

Attachments

• 3559B3CB-01DC-4752-BA3F-0D39F113C164.jpeg
    3559B3CB-01DC-4752-BA3F-0D39F113C164.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 47
moved to classified equipment sales area of our forums

Personally, I've adopted fish from people that were taking their tanks down, and I do think it's a good thing to rehome them to people who have schools in the right numbers.

Most people like to choose their own fish when they buy a tank, so you also might have more luck selling the fish/plants and tank with equipment separately. But also less urgency to sell it to someone as a whole set, since the fish will already be taken care of.

Join local Facebook fish hobbyist groups in your area, join and advertise on local BAND ap groups, and you're bound to find hobbyists who already have skirt tetra(?) like yours, or the same species of cory, and can adopt yours so they end up in good homes and have the numbers they need as schooling/shoaling/social fish.

As a former educator, I wonder if you would consider donating your aquarium to a school? It is a noble thing to do, and a science/biology class would greatly benefit. I would never parse such a spectacular aquarium. The kids would learn so much. Just my two cents....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back