Advice on salt dip

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys! It's been a while. I think Hank (betta, 10g, with mystery snail, can list tank params at request) is in the early stages of dropsy. I was a week late on this recent water change due to my personal life, and he's been bloated for the past 2+ days despite a consistent feeding schedule. Also, I believe he's starting to get lethargic as he's usually responsive to footsteps and only woke up tonight after I turned my desk lamp on.

Please tell me if you also believe this is dropsy. I will be performing daily water changes, and I'm debating a salt dip. Does anyone have experience or advice for this, as well as anything else that may help? His scales have not raised yet.

dropsy generally causes the fish to swell up over night and get very fat. the scales stick out from the body. they stop eating and do a stringy white poop.

there's not normally nay cure for dropsy.

dropsy generally causes the fish to swell up over night and get very fat. the scales stick out from the body. they stop eating and do a stringy white poop.

there's not normally nay cure for dropsy.
He is definitely not very fat, just lightly bloated. Hopefully it's not drops then?

@itiwhetu These were the best pics I could get, the camera freaks him out a little

Attachments

• 20201024_113921.jpg
    20201024_113921.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201024_113959.jpg
    20201024_113959.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 76
Try treating him for constipation - fast for a couple of days then feed half a shelled blanched (placed in boiled water for 3-5 minutes) pea. Repeat if necessary. Let us know how he gets on, he's a beautiful betta.

Try treating him for constipation - fast for a couple of days then feed half a shelled blanched (placed in boiled water for 3-5 minutes) pea. Repeat if necessary. Let us know how he gets on, he's a beautiful betta.
Thank you! I'll do that :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back