Advice on fish food and other escentials

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

It is science, that's how fish physiology functions. :drinks: Think of it like a person standing in a closed garage and breathing in exhaust fumes; to think the air in the lungs will not allow this to get into the bloodstream is false. Any substance added to the aquarium water similarly enters the fish.

The substrate fert was Nutrafin's Plant Gro Sticks; they came in a pack of five, and they were effective for a full year, and boy did the sword plants thrive. I have not been able to track them down online for 9 or 10 years now. I suppose I could write to Nutrafin, but I tried the Seachem Flourish Tabs and they are very good too, so I haven't bothered.
The science makes sense. Fish physiology and fertilizer exposure and such.
Education is good and that's appreciated.
However, I detect some ethical judgement here regarding those who choose to use liquid fertilizer in the presence of fish. That is, actually, not scientifically motivated. Might want to dial that "right/wrong" stance down a bit and stick to the facts. Assuming the science is there and liquid ferts are harmful to physiology of fish, the science should be all that's needed.

A comprehensive supplement used sparingly rather than excessively is what you want to aim for, always remembering that fish (fish foods to waste) and water changes also add nutrients.

However, I detect some ethical judgement here regarding those who choose to use liquid fertilizer in the presence of fish
Kind of hard to call that judgemental ????

Kind of hard to call that judgemental ????

You take from another post to make a case against another? Lol.

Okay, let me elaborate on that. I can see that you would use that for context on what was meant in the later post. But, fact is, the post I referred to is “ full” of judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Put @Byron and he will get notice to look at this.
I don't know how to make the blue words.

It is science, that's how fish physiology functions. :drinks: Think of it like a person standing in a closed garage and breathing in exhaust fumes; to think the air in the lungs will not allow this to get into the bloodstream is false. Any substance added to the aquarium water similarly enters the fish.

The substrate fert was Nutrafin's Plant Gro Sticks; they came in a pack of five, and they were effective for a full year, and boy did the sword plants thrive. I have not been able to track them down online for 9 or 10 years now. I suppose I could write to Nutrafin, but I tried the Seachem Flourish Tabs and they are very good too, so I haven't bothered.
Thank you for your input and your encouragement.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back