ADF's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
My 29 gal has five rummynose, 3 cories, a shrimp, 2 kuhlis, and my hitchhiker zebra danio. It has a sand substrate, silk and live plants and is turned over 12 times an hour :thumbs: I plan to add more cories and rummies and if I ever find healthy danios :/ they'll go in there too :thumbs:

Last night I added 4 ADFs and I just love them :wub: How many would you say I could put in there keeping in mind I plan to have 6-8 cories?

Thanks for the help, these are my first ADFs in about 10 years and definately since I could research on the internet :p

I'd say you could add a couple more, but feeding them in a 29g can be a pain.

I had 1 in my 29g a few years ago, and he would only eat if I fed him with a turkey baster. Soon the fish learned of this magical feeding stick. :wizard:

The greedy-fat-lightning-fast danios were the worst. :sly:
I'd have to drop the flake for the fish at the same time as I fed Frogger.
The frog would stuff this big piece of Wardley freeze-dried tubi-worm in his mouth, then fall on his back for a few seconds like he just passed out. :lol:

cometcattle said:
The frog would stuff this big piece of Wardley freeze-dried tubi-worm in his mouth, then fall on his back for a few seconds like he just passed out. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:

What shrimp do you have there? If it's too small, your ADFs might snap it up for dinner some day.

P.T.

I put an ADF in a tall tank, and he wore himself out trying to get to the top to breath so you might want to keep an eye on that. They are cute little suckers though arent they? I have 3 and have plans for a 10 gal terriarum set up for them. Right now they are in a 1 gallon critter keeper. I know, not enough space :*) but I do daily 100% wc's on them.

I did think about the height thing, but my tank has plants that go from top to bottom so they can hang out up there if they want:

post-22-1101682262.jpg

The shrimp is a japanese algae eating shrimp, I'm not sure if I have one or two :unsure: I bought two, but I've only seen one at any given time and that's only once or twice a week -_-

Your set-up looks great! :cool:

When I had mine, I didn't have any tall plants. That would have made feeding much easier. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back