ADF's and aggressiveness

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mike&Diana

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 ADF's and I noticed today that my betta's fins were torn. I have silk plants and gravel in the tank, so I know the betta didn't tear his fins that way. Could the ADF possibly have nipped at the betta's fins? Do ADF's ever get territorial over the bottom part of the tank?

I've never heard of ADF's going after fish or anything else and as far as I know they're not territorial. It's possibly they did it though I'm kind of doubtful of it.

I think it's possible but have a different theory

ADf's strike me as incredibly stupid creatures (don't get mad i love them anyways) and will eat anything they can get there mouths on i doubt they'd stake out and defend a territory more likely just acidently swam into the betta and bit cause it felt something in it's mouth

I don't think their stupid animals, just blind. They are reported to have poor eyesight. That would make more sense with your theory.

That must be what happened! I also put a post in the amphibians/invertebraes forum and most everyone said the same thing. They have poor eyesight and probably just thought it was food. I hope that's what happened!

Diana

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back