Adding Ocean Rock & Coral Sand

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

andy1704

Reaction score
Hi All

Another question, finally received my API testing kit today, I've tested my water PH which is 7.4

I want to add Ocean Rock and coral sand into the tank, but a bit worried that it will send my PH sky high, I am looking to set up a cichlid tank, but not sure how much
the ocean rock affects the ph, and whether the more I add the higher the PH will go, I'm not sure what the ideal ph is for cichlids

Andy

Ocean rock does higher the PH, same with Coral Sand. I have both of them for my cichlid tank.

Ocean rock does higher the PH, same with Coral Sand. I have both of them for my cichlid tank.

Many Thanks for your quick answer as usual, but does it increase the ph by alot or small amount

Good question - That one im not sure on. But I do know Cichlids can live happily in alot higher PH than other fish :good:

i use ocean rock and gravel in my tank, the substrate is a mix of play sand and the gravel and the main decor is the ocean rock, my tap water is ph7.3 and my tank water with the rock and gravel is 7.8 you can see the tank in my sig, malawi cichlids like a high ph and hard water, not too sure about the rest as i dont and havent kept them

Thanks Guys. both very helpful answers

I love yr tank MrG, its the similar design I'm going for :drool:

Andy

I'm sure you're not the only one,

I know I'll probably be the same, changing things around :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back