Adding light to a store bought stand alone.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mathman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Mountains of Northern California, USA. At the
I have one of those 29 gal store bought setups. It came with a full hood and flourecent light and now I find that it is not enough for most plants. I dont see any way to add lights. Will someone please post some pics of how they have their tanks lit up (light arrangements). Maybe I am not imaginative enough but it seems that it would be very unsightly having a bunch of lights everywhere not to mention too bright for the fish...... :thumbs:

I know I could get a wooden hood with more lights but I am in financal stress right now so need to keep it inexpensive. I plan to use this tank eventually as a hospital tank and go bigger for my main aquarium.

Thanks catman I will try it.

GL, it cost about $90 US included filter, heater, thermometer, net, water purifier, and pump. All I had to buy was plants and gravel. Then fish and food. Then treatments, test kits, and medicine cause I added the fish too soon. :/ It was a good deal for me. I got it from Wal Mart. :crazy:

even though its not the best you should be able to find how to change the bulbs and try uping the watts?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back