Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Tank setup:
75 gallon
lightly planted
Stones and wood pieces
One male betta
Four female bettas

I wanted to add a dozen or so community fish (ember tetras most likely). They aren't fin nippers and I'll add enough where one won't be bullied. What do you all think?

I personally wouldn't. It is a large tank, but if I did it I would remove the male betta at least.

I have a 55 gallon tetra tank with ember, neon, glow light and red eyed tetra and I would not add a male Betta or female betta to the tank. Betta are not community fish.

I personally wouldn't. It is a large tank, but if I did it I would remove the male betta at least.
Normally I would agree, they are aggressive and territorial. I only brought it up because videos like Aquarium Coop have videos out that list ember tetras and rasboras. There are other videos out there that suggest tank mates for them. And I don't want to get rid of my male betta, my kids named him and so you know...never name an animal lol.

Maybe stick with a large number of shrimp?

By backup plan do you mean have another tank on the side to put the tetras or male betta? Could you elaborate?
Have an extra tank to put either the tetras or the male in, or have a friend or LFS to take them of it goes bad.

Can we see a pic of the tank please ? Massive in uk terms with little in it so a pic would be nice.

Can we see a pic of the tank please ? Massive in uk terms with little in it so a pic would be nice.
Sorry didn't reply to you with the pic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 6.19.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 6.19.38 PM.png
    928.8 KB · Views: 80
You have a good start to the tank, :good: maybe look for a tank divider that will fit your tank that can separate the betta at one end from the other fish. I have ember tetras they are a small and friendly fish that would not be able to defend themselves from a betta.

You have a good start to the tank, :good: maybe look for a tank divider that will fit your tank that can separate the betta at one end from the other fish. I have ember tetras they are a small and friendly fish that would not be able to defend themselves from a betta.
It's crazy because I saw a video of a 40 gallon tank with several female bettas, school of neon tetras, denison barbs, rasboras, etc. What gives! I want that tank! Is the male betta the x-factor?

Nice tank and you must be more patient then me as I would densely plant at least the background and get some swaying plants going on, but it will look awesome in time no doubt. If your more fish biased I would put some nice schools in there, obvious some bottom feeders, I prefer Corey's tho plecs are cool but don't do a lot. It's a huge space if filters are good so gangs of tetras is OK although I do love my barbs who are always busy looking for trouble ,,, in my eyes,, and little bully boys ! I love my green barbs and a bigger amount would look great for me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back