Addiction?

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
We had decided ages ago that I could have a fish tank, but then there was wedding planning in the way LOL so we only ended up getting on back in November.
It was my wedding pressie from hubby :wub: It was just going to be one little tank... but then we went and bought the biggest our designated space would allow (125L) and then hubby saw the bettas so it was decided to get a second tank - just a little one (38L).
Then today hubby saw the CO2 systems and started looking at lighting systems that would be required to go along with the CO2... He's kinda liking the planted tank idea. Then he saw the computer setups for tanks - now he's really liking that idea :nod:

Now, how difficult do you think it'd be to persuade him into a big tank LOL I think we'd have to turn it into a coffee table or something as there simply isn't any wall space :rolleyes:
 
coffee table tanks are nice but make sure you have thick enough glass especially if you have or are going to have any little nippers in the future
 
2 kitties, so any tank needs to be enclosed and the coffee table one's I've seen so far are open - well as in there's open space between the tank and table top - bless, they'd think it was a buffet :lol:
 
I would personally try another shape Kia. The coffee table ones look pretty good until you start thinking about what it would take to maintain them. I think you should look over your furniture and maybe try another spot for that new tank. I do love that you are both enthusiastic about the fish, I'm the only one in our house but my wife tolerates the fish.
 
Can you buy or make a multi-tank stand?
My favorite (and only) brother is making me a 6 ft. (edit: long) double-level stand so I can finally get a 30 gal. up that's been sitting mockingly in the basement for months - and (when nobody's looking) more!!!
I'm (slowly) in the proccess of conducting The Great Tank Shuffle around my bedroom, to make room for this.
But a number of smaller tanks will fit in that space not occupied by the 30.
He's doing built-in lighting for me - you can tell I raised him right.
As long as there's enough room to work in lower tanks, while still being able to easily work in the upper ones - heaven!
 
I'd say, move out the kitchen stove, & use the available space more effectively... :lol:
 
I'd say, move out the kitchen stove, & use the available space more effectively... :lol:


Racks are the way to go with limited space. Pull the stove, leave a rack space for the microwave, it's all right there!
 
i really dont think ur gonna have any problems pursuading him at all, i moved a lot of funiture,yoys etc into the garage when i got addicted and never regretted it for a min ;)

good luck!
shelagh xxx
 
Racks are defo the way forward, got 1 coming very shortly to hold 4 tanks @ 18x10x10 in my bedroom. Would have just been 1 60 litre on a stand if I didn't do this but now I am having those 4 plus 1 tank @ 18x12x12!!

This hobby does get hold of you very quickly!!
 
i dont know why but id love to turn a TV into an aquarium (not a flat screen of course)


i did that with an old tv and had a feeding hatch as a dvd case that opened and you put your hand through and could clean and water change its now up my roof after a few months of running :good:
 
You'd be suprised by the amount of space you can find when you want to. Ive taken doors off (and stuffed them in the shed) to make enough space in my kitchen, worktops are not necessary either, you really dont need all that space to cook :lol: Ive gotten smaller table/chairs for the kitchen just to ensure you can actually move around my kitchen regardless of the fact there was nothing wrong with the ones I already had!

Ive moved sofas upstairs to make space in the lounge, visitors can sit on the floor for all I care, its easy to find space when you want to, sacrifice furniture that isnt really necessary, in my opinion the teenagers should be moved out already and living in their own places to free up an entire room, but apparently social services frown on this kind of thing!

Move some stuff around, think whether you need certain so called luxury items (like chairs) and get the tape measure out, you will find the room if you really really want to :lol: The problem is more financial in my case, than space.
 
You'd be suprised by the amount of space you can find when you want to. Ive taken doors off (and stuffed them in the shed) to make enough space in my kitchen, worktops are not necessary either, you really dont need all that space to cook :lol: Ive gotten smaller table/chairs for the kitchen just to ensure you can actually move around my kitchen regardless of the fact there was nothing wrong with the ones I already had!

Ive moved sofas upstairs to make space in the lounge, visitors can sit on the floor for all I care, its easy to find space when you want to, sacrifice furniture that isnt really necessary, in my opinion the teenagers should be moved out already and living in their own places to free up an entire room, but apparently social services frown on this kind of thing!

Move some stuff around, think whether you need certain so called luxury items (like chairs) and get the tape measure out, you will find the room if you really really want to :lol: The problem is more financial in my case, than space.


LMAO!!! :lol: oh minx your bad!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top