Acei Holding

Mauigirl

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So it seems to be baby central here, aside from my live bearers I have baby Royal Farowella hatched in one tank and now this in one of my Cichlid tanks.

She is only 3.5" so likely her first go at this, hope it works out for her.
I think that unless I can land yet another tank for the young I'll just let her spit em naturally and see if any are clever enough to survive.

Holding.jpg

Confirmed she is holding :hyper: , you can actually see the eggs in her mouth as she gulping with that jaw full.
Going tank shopping at the 2nd hand stores and on Craig's list tomorrow..
My MTS is in full swing :fun: :hey: :fun:

Should be enough time for me to cycle up a fry tank I hope

congrats, if you want to keep the fry then the minimum you will need is a 10 gallon for her to be in. ( 24" x 10" x 10" ) with the bare minimum of equipement air driven sponge filter, heater, and a couple of rock and no subsrtate :)

congrats, if you want to keep the fry then the minimum you will need is a 10 gallon for her to be in. ( 24" x 10" x 10" ) with the bare minimum of equipement air driven sponge filter, heater, and a couple of rock and no subsrtate :)
Got a 30gal tank for the fry today at 2nd hand store for next to nothing. Going to make some Sponge filters DIY style just need to source some sponge material found this but shipping is a bit out of hand.
There is some denser foam at the craft store but I'm not sure it would be suitable.

I hadn't planned on moving her until she is either being harassed or is close to the expected 21-28 days.
I will continue my regular maintenance and other care of tank as this is what prompted her to be happy enough to spawn in the first place.
She obviously feels at home there.
She and the father are actually king and queen of the tank, and for now are still in charge, this may change as she weakens from fasting.
She hasn't gone to Hiding yet still mostly swimming about even comes with rest at feeding, looks at food and swims away.

I've decided she is chewing gum and not holding at all.. :fun:
The constant jaw movement is giving me TMJ just watching. :blush:

lol

What a pretty girl! I hope she does alright through it! Is that dad in the top left of the picture? Lovely blue :)

lol

What a pretty girl! I hope she does alright through it! Is that dad in the top left of the picture? Lovely blue :)
Yes dad is barely visible upper left. Seems he has done his deed and now abandoned her..
She seems sorta lost tonight.. cant quite figure how to cope.. reminds me of my ex when I was pregnant with our son :p lol

Ah yes, the classic "love 'em and leave 'em"

Well it looks to me like you're all prepared with the fry tank and all - guess it's just sit on our hands time!!! :X

Ah yes, the classic "love 'em and leave 'em"

Well it looks to me like you're all prepared with the fry tank and all - guess it's just sit on our hands time!!! :X
The plan= a bit of media from most established tank. Hopefully wont have to pinch further. Fish-less protocol as test, semi instant cycle. happy fry :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Wrenches expected but not desired.

Most reactions

Back