Accessing Pm'S

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rabbut

I don't bite, all that often...
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to access my PM page to send a couple of PMs out, but I can't seem to find it :unsure: I presumed the tab with my username on it an the little black arrow pointing down meant a drop-down style box to allow me to access things like editing my profile was there, accessing PM's e.t.c but on rollover nothing happens and on clicking it just takes me to my profile page... From there I can see no way to get to profile editing or PM's.

Also, my PM inbox is usually fairly busy, but I've had no new PM e-mails. Any idea what's going on there? I would check myself, but can't due to above issues accessing my profile settings e.t.c *hits head against brick wall*

Oh, and while I'm here, I can't seem to get to other user's topics or posts though their profile page ATM. Any suggestions there, I've tried the links, but nothing happens when I click on them...????

All the best
Rabbut

Ah, I see, the drop-down only works if Javascript is turned on... I can now access PM's and profile settings, but I still cannot view other peoples threads or posts via the link in their profile.

Is the javascript to access that drop-down box provided by the board? If so, go kick the backside of the boards designers, that is really poor. You can do that via HTML, so Javascript is un-nessisary and against best web design practice for the reasons I found above; if Javascript is turned off or not working correctly you cannot access some of the pages content. That is a MAJOR forum bug that needs some ironing... Actually, if they make it law that all UK hosted or owned web-pages are W3c compliant (as they intend to do so ATM, but it isn't yet law... Should make things interesting for Micorsoft and wiziwig software ("click and drag" type website editing software) :lol: ) that kind of thing may break the law in future...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back