About the dog that was to be put down.

MegTheFish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Yah...I didn't really get a say in the topic I created because it was closed before I could even look at it, but whatever.
SOOOOO....I guess I didn't include enough information in my ONE AND ONLY POST that I got to make. I'm glad that SirMinion closed it, actually, because it would of gotten ugly and I didn't have to freakin say anything! Geesh...thats pretty sad.

The reasen he is trying to find a new home for his dog is because he lives in an apartment, and he doesn't feel that the dog is getting enough exercise, he wants to adopt her out to a home with a large yard and to somebody that can give her regular exercise. He said the dog is perfectly healthy, and quite active (well, as active as a 9 year old dog can be). She is apparently very friendly, also. So NOW do you see why there would be no point in putting the dog down??? He also tried to contact Forsaken Friends, but he couldn't get a hold of them (I don't think he was trying hard enough...) so I think I'll email them myself to help him out.
Oh, and don't get mad at me, get mad at my parents for not letting me get her.

Oh, and please, nothing too negative and heart bashing, I kind of want to keep this thread up for more then a day this time.

(megthefish)

I understand your anger... it is sad that a healthy animal is going to be put to sleep. I really hope he has a different option and the dog gets a new, happier home.

I hope she does find a good home, too. You know whats weird though, at first he said she was going to be put to sleep on Friday, then he said Saturday, even though the vet clinic is not opened on Saturday...I think he might just be saying that she's going to be put to sleep so she'll get adopted quicker.

This person is wierd. Maybe he's...erm...retarded or something? (disabled is probably a better word...)
Here are his last 3 posts...
will some one please give my friskey girl a good home she cannot be here after today and i cannot get a hole of forsaken friends so please do it for friskey.

i guess no one will take my wonderful friskey girl

i guess no one cares who hard this has been on me and my mom cause we both love friskey girl with all of our hearts and still no one wants her makes me sick that i call kenora home sometimes.

My mom thinks this is horrible, what he is doing. Saying the people living in Kenora have no heart...not that he has much of a heart, saying that he loves her, then saying that he'll put her down JUST BECAUSE they can't find a home for her? He doesn't sound very responsible either, getting a husky when you live in an apartment...which wouldn't be so bad if they got LOTS of exercise, but he didn't take that into consideration, I guess. My mom thinks this is a scam.

It's probably just something that he's saying so he can make some people mad. Which I assure you, its working. If he's had the dog for 9 years I say he should keep her for the time that is left. You don't have a pet until it's too old and almost ready to die. It's just not responsible and obviously not fair to the dog. If it's not a scam, I hope the dog is ok and finds a good home.

Yah, your right. Since he seems to keep delaying the day that he's says she's going to be put down, I don't think he would actually do it. I'll stop worrying about it now...its just been bugging me really bad, though. I can't stop thinking about that poor dog :/

gaya said:
oh the poor husky. i can't stand it either when people can't take care of their pets.
It is a shame.

I have a husky and they are brilliant dogs, so loving. All we can do now is hope someone has a big enough house or yard to accomodate one and take it into their care. :) Goodluck.

Uggg...this person is getting very annoying. I feel VERY sorry for this dog now, I'd have commited suicide by now, listening to this person ramble on and on...J/K :rolleyes:
Like come on, 4 messages in one day?

friskey girl no one wants my girl and i have a full bag of dog food for her and 3 quarters of another bag full of her dog food she also has her own food dish and leash but still no one will come forward and take my friskey girl.

Oh yah, the fact that she comes with dog food is really going to convince somebody. Why doesn't he tell more about her personality or something? All he really said about her was that she was a female and nine years old... :blink: No wonder she isn't getting adopted. Poor thing.

Meg the Fish I dont know why your topic was closed for, I really didnt see the point. If someone cant write down how they feel because someone is putting a dog to sleep without it being closed then I dont see the point in having the pet section myself. Believe me I didn't have a say in this or the first topic that you wrote wouldnt have been closed. :no: :no: My hat is off to you for caring enough to write it down in the first place.... :cool:

if the dog was really young then yes you could believe it was down to lack of exercise, but being 9 i think he wants a new puppy to play with and is trying emotional blackmail to get rid of her. shame really.

He's now asking for a ride to forsakenfriends....I don't even want to ASK my parents if we could give him a ride, I don't want to meet him at all :no: He can get a friend or somebody to drive him.

Well done for helping him out and pointing him in the right direction :D . You are too right - don't get involved and meet him. It's up to him to make the last steps to sort it out.

OMG...this guy is a real jerk, it seems.
He said his "uncle" is going to pick the dog up at 4:30 and take it to the vets. I emailed him again, telling him that all he had to do was get his uncle to drive the dog to Forsaken Friends, drop the dog off there, and he's done. Or even take it to the vets and tell them that he can no longer take care of the dog, they will take it and try HARDER to find a home for it. :no: People like this shouldn't own ANY animal in the first place...

I think it is really mean to use guilt to get people to adopt a pet. Knowing all the wonderful people on this forum and how big their hearts are, a simple explination, like I want better for her than I am able to give her now would be just fine. Megthefish, if you are still trying to help him,(if your not, I don't blame you) you might suggest petfinders for him. I will add the link to this post. They are wonderful, and every single animal that I ever rescued and had adopted after they were checked out by a vet and were completely healthy, was placed on petfinders. They even have a section for people looking for specific breeds of dogs and cats. You can email people directly who are interested in a husky, or you could just post an adoption add on their as well. I must say you are a truly wonderful and remarkable person for doing this, and you have a big heart :thumbs: You should be proud of yourself.
Petfinders

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back