Abandoned Cat - If You're In East Sussex, Can You Help?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I wanted to post this here to ask that you spread the word of a little black and white female cat that is looking for a home. I am trying all avenues to spread the word about her to hopefully find her a warm and loving home for Christmas.

I was heading to my corner shop last night around 830pm when passing my local vets, I saw something that made me stop and investigate. There, by their rubbish bags, I saw a collapsed cardboard box placed over a plastic cat carrier....... I moved the cardboard and then the carrier only to feel there was a weight to it. My first thoughts were "Whatever you are, please be alive......". When I turned the carrier round to look inside, there, staring at me were a pair of saucer like eyes, very frightened and confused. It was the coldest night we have had this year, the gritters were out and there was ice on the cars. The poor little cat was frozen and sitting on a thin and wet towel. I found a handwritten note stating that whoever had abandoned her was sorry, but that the RSPCA would not help, and that they hoped the vets could get some response.

Sadly, this vets is not a 24 hour surgery, Lord knows how long she had been there for, but in my reckoning, at least a couple of hours.......Freezing. If I had not happened upon her, she would have been there all night and I dread to think how she would have coped in that cold. The other thing that crossed my mind was if someone had found her that was not as kind hearted - again, Lord knows what could have happened to her.

As I have 5 dogs, I could not keep her indefinitely, so took her home to offer her some warmth and food. The warmth she was glad of, the food, well, she appeared too traumatised to eat it. Once she was warm and had been given a snuggly new fleece to burrow into, I took her to the 24 hour vets and that is where she is now. They have confirmed she is a little girl, no determinable age as yet, but I would say she is neither young nor old. They believe she needs a minor dental, (which I hope they will carry out for her), but as of this morning, she still had not found her appetite, but at least she is safe for now and warm. They will keep her for the customary 7 days, and then, well, lets hope we can rehome her somewhere.

Please spread the word, lets find this unlucky girl a warm and loving home for Christmas,and make her lucky again.

Attachments

• Abandoned cat.jpg
    Abandoned cat.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 82
Bless you!

I hope I don't have to resort to driving her to Hertfordshire, but if necessary, I will, honest.

Thank you so much for caring - I'll update with any new info.

thats a beautiful cat. i really wish i could help, but im in usa. its really surprising how awful people can be. every time i even annoy my cats i feel like a mini hitler, but when i see them stray, abondoned and diseased, well i get teared up. i simply cannot stand it. i got my cats from the woods. six of them.. stray, weak, skinny. a mother with babies a few hours old and a skinny mother. 2 were given a nice home, 4 were taken by us, one passed away. at least we could help.

I wish we lived closer (I'm in Norwich), and had something more than my nasty, cold old Land Rover to use as transportation, as I would happily take the lovely little thing in - my two other rescue cats would love her.

The sad thing is that the RSPCA and most other charities are utterly snowed under at the moment. We only ended up with our two rescue cats as someone had dumped them on the doorstep of a local petshop as the RSPCA wouldn't help them and nor would anybody else.

Thanks all for caring.

The vets she's at let me know that they are carrying out a dental for her soon so she can be comfy. The vets I found her outside have found someone to foster her until a forever home is found.

(Pinkspider - I have a Land Rover too! Great vehicles! Thankfully, the heater works in mine :lol: ).

i hope you can find a home for her! if not, cats make GREAT additions to homes

Most reactions

trending

Back