The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I will try and keep this brief.

I came home today to my little Discus upside down in the corner of the tank, my wife said you are going to have to euthanize it. I said I would give it a couple of hours. Two hours later it was still upside down and I put my hand in the tank to remove it. Immediately the other four Discus stopped me going near it and moved it to a place I couldn't reach it. I then decided to feed the tank blood worms, the four Discus went and gathered up their mate who was now on it's side and brought it to the food, they flicked worms up and it started to eat. Now the four large fish are nursing it and making sure it is eating. Never give up on a fish. Discus are incredible.
20220729_205458.jpg
20220729_205539.jpg
20220729_205451.jpg

And that proves that people who say " it's just a fish" and "fish have no feelings" are wrong. I hope your lil guy makes it...!

Wow! That is incredible!

Today one of the larger ones were doing the same thing as the little guy. I thought this was weird. I grabbed my test strips and noticed that the tank had a nitrate level on it. I did a 25% water change the fish are back to normal. It is strange but not surprising as I have been doing top ups and not water changes for the last 6 weeks or so. You just can't beat a water change.

Today one of the larger ones were doing the same thing as the little guy. I thought this was weird. I grabbed my test strips and noticed that the tank had a nitrate level on it. I did a 25% water change the fish are back to normal. It is strange but not surprising as I have been doing top ups and not water changes for the last 6 weeks or so. You just can't beat a water change.
Shame on you, not doing a water change for 6 weeks :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back