A Snail Has Appeared In My Guppy Tank!

mike_nofx

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
266
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Australia
I found this little snail in my guppy tank, i have no idea how it got there and the tank has been set up around a month or so.

Should i remove it? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Thanks
Mike
 
it will have come in on a plant, or something from another tank.

they can be harmfull to plants and look horrible i kill all non malaysian trumprt snails on sight.
 
I take a more relaxed approach, net them out when convenient, but don't panic; so far, I haven't had a population explosion, maybe because I don't feed that much.
 
yeah, i had some snails too, but i see them once, net them out, and i never see them again!

Get them while theyre in a small population
 
My suggestion : GET RID OF THEM ASAP!

I started a guppy tank about three months ago. After a couple of weeks I noticed a few snails in there, which I assume came in on plant life. Three months on I have HUNDREDS of snails. It's awful. I disposed of about a hundred of them this morning. It's taken me this long to do it because I felt so guilty... :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top