A Plastic Tube Pipe - Diametre Of Around 3" And Bigger...

didz04

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi i am hoping to buy equipment for a fire eel and other fish. However i haven't got my fire eel yet because i thought that it will be a lot easier for me to sort the tank out before buying the fish, so i wont stress them. I am hoping to buy a black pipe but will consider other colours to, that is a around 3" in diamtere and that curves around at 90 degree angle.
There are pipes that can curve in any way which i have seen that are attached to dryer machine for your clothes, if you have anything like that even if the diametre is pretty big then i will still consider it, i will buy but prefer if you are giving away for free as i still have quite a big list to cover. I am in Doncaster at the moment and will pick up.
P.S. if anyone is selling a fire eel at around a maximum size of 5" or smaller, then please contact me. Must be within 30 miles from Doncaster.

Exchange: pipe for ornament
Item/s Offered
Condition: good condition
Item/s Required

i will keep a lookout for you mate
Have you tried freecycle mate thats good for stuff like that or use a piece of plastic drainpipe and get a 90 degree bend to go on it or toilet pipe

i will keep a lookout for you mate
Have you tried freecycle mate thats good for stuff like that or use a piece of plastic drainpipe and get a 90 degree bend to go on it or toilet pipe
Thanks mate for the look out mate. What is a freecycle?
Yeah i am going to look every where in the house and shed to see anything like pipes and even ornamentel stuff that will be suitable for the tank. I'm hoping to put a black pipe which is 3" or bigger and that is at a 90 degree bend, and have big rocks over it and should be able to make another cave like that. The reason why i want it in black so that it blends in with the tank naturally, so that it won't stand out the most with it being a bright colour that will get my eye off the fish and on to the pipe. Also other reason is that my sandy substrate is black.
P.S. also again if anyone has any Fire Eels at a maximum size of 5" and smaller that they are selling, please contact me on this.
I am from Doncaster and will pick up around 30 miles for the Fire Eel.
Thanks.

freecycle is cool people offer allsorts on it or you can ask for stuff you might need and everything is free have a look on the met mate freecycle.org

for the pipe just go to your local drain centre, buy a 90 degree bend and some pipe and just push the pipe into the 90 degree bend as its push fits together.

you can bend plastic pipe yourself too, i can do it and tell you how but prob be more expensive.

wouldnt have to be black, you could just cover the tube with plants/sand/moss/java fern to hide it

you can buy black pipe from b and q but im not sure if its fish safe, im sure it will be as its usedas waste pipe so no toxins will leak out if its around ppl

A fire eel at 5" or less will be very hard to find and at that size they have a high mortality rate. You do know how big they get don't you?

exactly what i was thinking.

the tube is fairly cheap, some places sell off cuts too but normally it will come in about 3 metre lengths but you can keep as spare or play about with the left over stuff and try to create something for your tank maybe, like cut it is half so its like half moon shape and use that too, that way the eel can burrow and hide too :)

I was generally looking around at forums and saw that more people have replied to my post that was added over 5 months ago lol, some reason quite shocked because thought mod would have deleted it by now.
Actually I did find a fire eel just below 5" had him for 2 weeks where I couldn't get him to eat, on second week later he passed away as I saw him stuck in a tight lined gap in one of the ornaments.
I found some live earth worm which I try feeding him and he he didn't see it and the birchir ate it. But then I found another juicy one and he grabbed it straight away and start spinning around and moved his head trying to chew on it but the worm was too thick for him to swallow and i couldn't find any skinnier. Funny thing was he let go and the worm squirmed away from him to the front of the tank and once the birchir saw him he swam crazily at the worm and sucked him in one lol, and he was the same size as the eel. They have huge mouths :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back