The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like bettas
So do I
BF28C97D-7971-42E2-9CD4-BF1BF179B0C5.jpeg

Expressing opinions about fish husbandry is perfectly fine. A healthy debate is fine. As long as members are respectful to other members even if their opinions differ from theirs then conversations can proceed. Be prepared to back up your opinions with links to respected online sites.

But once a debate becomes overly argumentative and gets ugly, with verbal attacks on members, then that is not fine. Going forward, let's all try to avoid that scenario and respect each others' opinions.

Also dont start a conversation about bettas in this thread. If you do I will make sure this thread is locked by a moderator.
This shows how you need to develop your resilience and broaden your horizons in respect of others points of view. You post some very “extreme“ points of view, one example is that you don’t believe in evolution.
For many of us that would be considered a really stupid opinion, a bit like those that think the world is flat. Hundreds of years ago, you could understand why people thought that might be the case but now we can see photos taken from space, and can see the world is a sphere…

As others have said you might just need to step away from posts where adults are having a potentially heated debate that you don’t feel ready to be involved in.

This shows how you need to develop your resilience and broaden your horizons in respect of others points of view. You post some very “extreme“ points of view, one example is that you don’t believe in evolution.
For many of us that would be considered a really stupid opinion, a bit like those that think the world is flat. Hundreds of years ago, you could understand why people thought that might be the case but now we can see photos taken from space, and can see the world is a sphere…

As others have said you might just need to step away from posts where adults are having a potentially heated debate that you don’t feel ready to be involved in.
Well the last time the "adults" talked about bettas y'all acted like little six year olds that couldnt agree to disagree and by the way that was on a thread I created to bring up to moderators about the betta thread containing some out dated info.

I do accept ither peoples opinions and I respond kindly as long as others respond kindly to mine... I prefer not to get into a conversation about my opinion on evolution because it would also get into my religious beliefs. So I would kindly advise for you not to bring up my "extreme" or "stupid" opinion up

Well instead of the last thread I made where things got... Hmmm... Not so adult like in there... I wanted to get everyones opinion on a few topics without having what happened last time.

Really??? 😂. Don't even man, don't even... Should I just pull up a few quotes from you and Belle...

Excuse me? Care to explain what this means?

You can only have an educated discussion with people that have experience and understand another point of view. People think they are clever if they have done research, but they really only know what they have been told.
Well instead of the last thread I made where things got... Hmmm... Not so adult like in there... I wanted to get everyones opinion on a few topics without having what happened last time.

Really??? 😂. Don't even man, don't even... Should I just pull up a few quotes from you and Belle...

I said I agree with your opinions. I never said I agreed with the way things were handled
I disagree with the way some people handle things too. Doesn't mean I feel I have a right to control them.

And if you dislike the way I handled things there, and don't want to allow people to respond, I suggest you put me on ignore and don't bring my name up again, especially without the courtesy of tagging me.

I disagree with the way some people handle things too. Doesn't mean I feel I have a right to control them.

And if you dislike the way I handled things there, and don't want to allow people to respond, I suggest you put me on ignore and don't bring my name up again, especially without the courtesy of tagging me.
I never said I wanted to control opinions or control the way people handled things... You arent the only one who said some things on that thread. I will also admit that I've said things I regret as well on this forum and in person to people. But it sounds to me like none of you feel regretful over things you've said... Not a good way to leave a heated argument... Idont want to block anyone. Sure I have people on here I dislike but I dont block them. Im not saying I dislike you, dont take that last sentence the wrong way.

I never said I wanted to control opinions or control the way people handled things... You arent the only one who said some things on that thread. I will also admit that I've said things I regret as well on this forum and in person to people. But it sounds to me like none of you feel regretful over things you've said... Not a good way to leave a heated argument... Idont want to block anyone. Sure I have people on here I dislike but I dont block them. Im not saying I dislike you, dont take that last sentence the wrong way.

A life tip: Don't assume you can read people's minds. You have no way of knowing how anyone is feeling unless they tell you. You'll only get yourself into trouble by making these assumption.

You brought my name up specifically. Without tagging me though (hoping I wouldn't see?) so you dragged me into this and tried to use as an example to make a point. What point were you trying to make?

A life tip: Don't assume you can read people's minds. You have no way of knowing how anyone is feeling unless they tell you. You'll only get yourself into trouble by making these assumption.

You brought my name up specifically. Without tagging me though (hoping I wouldn't see?) so you dragged me into this and tried to use as an example to make a point. What point were you trying to make?
I didnt want him to feel like he was the only one I was upset at.

And when someone is still outwardly mad at someone it shows that the person isnt feeling bad, their just adding to it. Fuel to the fire. I wasn't trying to drag you in by not tagging... I was actually being courteous cause I thought it would be irritating to tag someone with no real reason... But I was wrong I guess... So I wont do that again.... If I ever mention your name I'll tag. Noted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back