A no comment thread?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the solution is a poll where the only answer option is "no comment".

I find opinions expressed without explanation as to why you think like you do completely useless. I only learn from you if I can see why you say what you do. 100 people could answer yes in a poll, and could have 100 reasons for doing so, 99 of which the person posting the poll might not have considered.

what poll were you thinking of posting?
Well instead of the last thread I made where things got... Hmmm... Not so adult like in there... I wanted to get everyones opinion on a few topics without having what happened last time.
I don't understand why you want a poll that will be that argumentative, we are all adults and can discuss things rationally, so there is no point in your poll suggestion.
Really??? 😂. Don't even man, don't even... Should I just pull up a few quotes from you and Belle...

i think the solution is a poll where the only answer option is "no comment".

I find opinions expressed without explanation as to why you think like you do completely useless. I only learn from you if I can see why you say what you do. 100 people could answer yes in a poll, and could have 100 reasons for doing so, 99 of which the person posting the poll might not have considered.
It wouldn't be a yes or no poll... It would have opinions on there, just without all the extra stuff

@Rocky998

Having a bit of "handbags at dawn" is part of the territory on a public forum such as this. You will find it when you are at work, when out driving your car...and you cannot tell me that you have not encountered heated discussions at school

It goes with the idea of freedom of speech and freedom to express an opinion...and that includes the occasional sniping, low flying handbags and general mischief

If you are on a thread and you do not like or feel comfy with the direction the thread is going....leave the thread, don't comment if you feel anyone is picking on you or shooting you down. Why stay and get upset....move onto another thread and use the ignore function

You can't censor people's opinion just cos you don't agree with them or don't like the person making it

Try doing that when you are old enough to go to work and you'll not last long in a job.

Walk away from the thread if you are unhappy or uncomfortable participating in it....its as simple as that matey.

You can't censor people's opinion just cos you don't agree with them
Why do I keep getting mis understood... I wouldnt be censoring an opinion... I would have a list of a wide range of opinions...
Like this:

Betta poll:

Whay is the minimum size of a betta tank?

2.5g+
3.5g+
5g+
10g+

Can males be kept together?

Yes males can be kept together as long as they have a large tank and its planted enough.

Yes males can be kept together as long as they have been raised together.

No males should never be kept together due to their aggressive tendencies.

See? Lots of opinions I would have, just no arguing... You could check the poll stats and see what percentage believes what.

Also dont start a conversation about bettas in this thread. If you do I will make sure this thread is locked by a moderator.

Why do I keep getting mis understood...

Also dont start a conversation about bettas in this thread. If you do I will make sure this thread is locked by a moderator.
Comments like that is not helping your cause matey...discussing Betta's is a controversial subject anyway and if it is brought up like you just did, you cannot then whine about it and run to a moderator to close down the discussion

As long as any discussion on this or any forum does not break the rules of that forum....you cannot stop a subject being discussed.

If you want to run a forum your way, might I suggest that you save your pocket money and buy a Xenforo licence and start your own forum. Then you can make all the rules you want.

Comments like that is not helping your cause matey...discussing Betta's is a controversial subject anyway and if it is brought up like you just did, you cannot then whine about it and run to a moderator to close down the discussion

As long as any discussion on this or any forum does not break the rules of that forum....you cannot stop a subject being discussed.

If you want to run a forum your way, might I suggest that you save your pocket money and buy a Xenforo licence and start your own forum. Then you can make all the rules you want.
It was just an idea... I'm not trying to change rules... It would just be an added option to POLLS ONLY. If someone just wanted the main ideas of people without a thread having to be locked for the bad reason, a poll with no comments is a good idea... And if moderators want they can unlock it if they feel that a lock wasnt necessary. I'm not wanting rules to be changed. I love the way this forum is handled... But imho it does take moderators a while before they lock a thread when things go bad

That depends on how fast we find it. Members can always hit the report button, and that flags up immediately in a special area of the staff room and we get emails to tell us someone has made a report, so we can usually act faster if a problem thread is reported rather than wait till one of us happens to view the thread :)

That depends on how fast we find it. Members can always hit the report button, and that flags up immediately in a special area of the staff room and we get emails to tell us someone has made a report, so we can usually act faster if a problem thread is reported rather than wait till one of us happens to view the thread :)
Thats true... I just dont report cause then I dont know whether I'm reporting for the wrong reason and I dont want to feel like I'm micro managing, so I just leave it to people who have been here longer than me to report and stuff

I suspect you'd get very little reaction to a poll like that. Why?
It answers nothing. It's kind of a popularity contest for opinions, and not a discussion.

Let's be Frank (my niece's Betta is named Frank). There are people here I don't read deeply. I tend read all threads I'm on, because even the rudest person can say something useful, occasionally. But some aren't people whose opinions I expect anything from but vexation. I bet they don't like me either, and we all can easily live with that.

Attacking ideas is fine, attacking posters isn't. We should all reread our messages and think about that. The internet descends into flame wars and trolling regularly, and neither is good. But we have to live with that.

Ok ok... I get it. Yah yah yada yada lol... Now lets not get all controversial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back