a little help, thanks a lot.

rwilson13

Reaction score
hey, what's up?

I'm a 15 year old guy, and am interested in starting a saltwater tank in my room. My family already has a 30g freshwater community tank in the basement, which some gorami's, clown loaches, plecos, neons, a beta, and a couple others I cant really name.

I really need your help here. I want to know how much work this will actually intail, and the price of setting up lets say a 30g saltwater tank. I'll start out with some beginner fish, nothing fancy, but I really need some information on what I'll need, what it will cost, how much maintenance, etc....

thanks in advance.

btw here are some of my freshwaters.....

tank.jpg

:hi: to the site,

I think you might want to scale down that picture, I can;t make out a thing. Try looking in the saltwater section for tips on setting up a saltwater tank. I think that a small set up costs the same to maintain as a big one and small ones are problematic in that it is harder to keep stable.

This is just what I have picked up though.

Yep, check with the 'reefers'. :)

As far as cost, from what I understand it depends a lot on what type of saltwater tank you want. 'Fish only' will be the cheapest, of course.

I've often seen the estimate of "about $50 per gallon to start up", but I think that was in reference to reef tanks.

Most reactions

Back