A Few Suggestions For My Tank Please

nuttyJD

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Norfolk, UK
Hi all,

I have a 48 x 12 x 15 tank (I think that makes it 142L) I would like to put some more fish in it and wondered what other members could suggest? At the moment I have 2 Kribs, 1 Blue Ram, 3 Peppered Corys (soon to be increased to 5 or 6), 2 Bristlenose Plecos (these are only babies about 1.5in) and a Chocolate Zebra Pleco? (waiting to get a good photo to confirm ID). I don't really like/want Angel fish or Gouramis (I don't want to upset anyone by saying that I don't like these fish, the just don't float my boat.....we can't all like the same types of fish) I'm not overly fond of Neon Tetra and I don't really want any livebearers. I don't really want anything too small in the tank as I know at some point it's going to end up someones lunch!! I'm ideally looking for something that will grow to about 5-6in but I am open to suggestions.

Thanx for any help,
Leanne
 
How about discus? i love those fish but im no expert on big fish and who would go nicely with who, but if i had a tank big enough for a discus, they'd defo be in there. i love them, but mybe they wont go with you orriginal stock? :huh: im not sure.

someone will probably come on and get you some good advice and may correct me on my suggestion. hope i gave you an idea anyway ^_^
 
what about a massive shoal of tetras, say 25. dependant on species, of course.

142 litres unfortunately is too small for discus or angels its not tall enough.
 
Id say a nice shoal of Praecox rainbows, 3" max, peaceful and wont be bothered by the other fish you have.
 
I like discus but you have to soften the water as they get older............tetra....not really seen any of them that make me go WOW

Thanx for the ideas.....any more?
Leanne
 
ooooo Minx their nice ;)

I think these could be a possiblity

Anyone else?
Leanne
 
My LFS is useless!! stock usually is.....

Guppies
Gourami
Goldfish
Tetra.... sometime assorted but usually just neons

I've had to order peppered corys!! (they don't usually take fish orders from customers but I've built up a bit of a rapport with them)

Glass catfish.....they don't really do anything for me.

The problem is I love corys and plecos so I usually end up coming out of places with those instead of something different!!
Thanx
Leanne
 
A couple of keyhole cichlids, peaceful cichlids, shouldnt have a problem with the ram ,not overly sure on the kribs, so long as they arent spawning kribs you should be ok.
 
I too would go with Keyhole Cichlids although as already stated, keep an eye on them with the Kribs.
Congo Tetras are stunning when they mature and are great to watch.
Some of the Rainbow fish are nice too eg. Red, Blue, Bosemani etc.
 
Thanx for the ideas guys and gals..... :good:

I've looked at the keyhole cichlids and I like the look of them. I also like the look of the rainbows, what about galaxy rasboras?? Does anyone know if they'd be ok in my tank? Also I like the look of killis as well but don't know if my tank would be suitable?

Thanx for the help and if anyone can help with the questions I'd be grateful,
Leanne
 
The galaxy's are very small and I would concerned they could end up as food to the kribs/rams, I know they are pretty fast moving but I wouldnt chance it.

Cant advise on killis as I know nothing about them. If you do decide on rainbows, I would say stick with the smaller species, as they do need to be in groups and the larger Lacustris, Bosemani, reds etc all get to 5" roughly and a large group of 6 would be too much for the tank size IMO.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top