A Datnoid Or ........

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

choochoo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 5ft x 1.5 x 2.5 tank and I've just sold my oscars jaguars arowana but left with 1 plec and 2 upside down cat fish ( the two cat fish are forsale)
I sold all my fish as I want a datnoid but I'm debating on filling it with plants and tetras.

Don't know what I should do tbh

I dont know if that tank is big enough for a datanoid. If i were you i would plant it add some rummynose tetras (school of 25) and get a pair of scarlet angels.

depending on the species they can grow to 2 foot. Needs a massive tank

No. As zoddy said, they have the potential to grow about 2 feet. They have the potential to out grow your tank. Literally they get larger than the width and height of your tank

It would eventually grow too big for your tank. It would be ok in there for a good while before you would need to re home it. A friend of mine had an umbee cichlid which get huge in a 4x2x2 for over a year easy, then he re homed it as it grew to a point where it was too big for the tank and now the person who had it off him keeps him updated. He is doing well (as he always was) and Is still growing at a good rate :)

So depends, if you want the fish for life then I'd agree with the above and say no but if your happy to let him grow to a decent size then sell him on then go for it. I know plenty of people that do it and they make a good bit back from them too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back