A Call for a "Pond Basics" thread perhaps?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MAM

Mamalammadingdong
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I don't normally spend much time in this section, as I know nothing about CW fish or ponds. However, I will soon have a backyard to call my own and have been toying with the idea of small scale above ground pond. I'll have to do some more research on whats out there before I have any real questions, but I have done a little poking around in this section to get me started.

Something that struck me is the number of "pond newbie" threads. Have any of you pond-veterens thought of sitting down and coming up with some "pond basics" that could be pinned, as a place to give newbies a running start? Maybe list some good starter pond sizes and appropriate fish, filtration needs, ideal water parameters, recommended resources (books and websites both), good starter pond plants, must-haves for equipment, fish or equipment or plants to avoid, tips and techniques you've discovered with experience, etc.

Just a thought. :look: Thanks for reading my Friday afternoon ramblings.......

As for the pinned notice, i thought bribones was getting that together with Ryan?Been a while now though since it was mentioned.

Lucky you being able to get a pond, its something i can only dream of just now. Good luck with it all and look forward to the pics in the future.

cough ,ive already sent ryan a rough draught (hint hint) im not sure if anyone else sent him anything to add to it ,he did say he would sort it out when he had time

never see much of him these days :dunno:

everything from buidling/setting up the pond to maintaining it ,pumps types of filters,planting fish care water stats ,water changes,try to think of every question a newbie would ask and answer it sort of like a faq :D

how long you had your pond lol you might still be a newbie yourself :rofl:

My computer is useless nowdays so I'm not around much. But I have have compiled abit with Bri information, but I haven't recieved anything else so its a slow process.

Most reactions

trending

Back