A baby!!!!!

terrypin

Reaction score
" Congratulations'' that one must have been naturally streetwise. Sadly Platies eat as many young as they can catch. Your tank looks well planted maybe more will survive from the next batch.

OP
TheTenthDoctor

TheTenthDoctor

Fishaholic
Reaction score
" Congratulations'' that one must have been naturally streetwise. Sadly Platies eat as many young as they can catch. Your tank looks well planted maybe more will survive from the next batch.
Don’t I know it! I’m working on more plant growth and stocking so they have more cover

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
@Kelp23 They look good, Years ago I had black mollies and I set up a breeding tank and in just 3 months or so I was over run with fry. Had to have two 10 gallon tanks just for them. I had over 50 reach adult hood and gave away most to friends and the LFS which gave me fish food in return. I wish my tetra were as easy to have fry:fish:

Last edited:

dmpfishlover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Congratulations!!:good: I had Platys years ago and one or some of my females gave birth. I didn't even know it had happened until several weeks later when I saw miniature Platys swimming around in the tank. There were only 3 of them. The rest were probably eaten, but I felt lucky that some had survived. It is so cool watching them grow up!

Kelp23

Reaction score
@Kelp23 They look good, Years ago I had black mollies and I set up a breeding tank and in just 3 months or so I was over run with fry. Had to have two 10 gallon tanks just for them. I had over 50 reach adult hood and gave away most to friends and the LFS which gave me fish food in return. I wish my tetra were as easy to have fry:fish:
These are my first fry so I'm glad I managed to save some. My tank isn't very big though so if all of these reach adulthood I may need to upgrade. How old/big do they need to be before I release them into the main tank without them being eaten?

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days