90 Gallon Stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I like this post. I am trying to stock the exact same tank and had a Green Terror an Jack Dempsey as certains but not much else. I am definately going to look out for one of those shovelnoses now, looks amazing, cant wait for pics
Thank you. Once again i have pics taken and hopefully will be up later tonight. The shovelnose is reserved and the LFS will be getting green terrors and jack dempsey in for me as for the oscar im not going to get until i see one with some very good color and they all seem to be dying at every store i go to. plus i think they will outgrow the JD and GT so i will wait for a while.

Edit: Oops double post!

Personally I'd leave the oscar, as you already have two big fish in there, and then the catfish on top (sorry no experience with limas so no idea how big they get). One oscar needs a min of 75g, a GT about need a little less - then a JD too. I'd say a min of 125g for those three but you could fit some dithers in. Course, it's a good excuse for a tank upgrade ;)

Personally I'd leave the oscar, as you already have two big fish in there, and then the catfish on top (sorry no experience with limas so no idea how big they get). One oscar needs a min of 75g, a GT about need a little less - then a JD too. I'd say a min of 125g for those three but you could fit some dithers in. Course, it's a good excuse for a tank upgrade ;)

I thought two oscars were ok in a 75G. and yes a tank upgrade is a great option! mhhh how do i get away with that...

fishtanks001.jpg

Well here is the picture of the tank, sorry it took so long. Its not quite as bare now i have live plants and a larger rock formation in there. The fluval 404 is hooked up and working great!

I will be picking up the JD GT and Shovelnose saturday.

Updates to come!

Well i have got the JD GT and Shovelnose, i had to get the JD at one store and the GT and shovelnose at another...

Oh and the idiot at my lfs tried to sell me a jack dempsey as the green terror i think he thought i was dumb that i knew the difference between the two fish and quickly corrected them. The tags were even wrong on the tanks. LMAO.

I will try to get pics of the trio ASAP.

fishtanks001.jpg

Well here is the picture of the tank, sorry it took so long. Its not quite as bare now i have live plants and a larger rock formation in there. The fluval 404 is hooked up and working great!

I will be picking up the JD GT and Shovelnose saturday.

Updates to come!
The tank would look better with a gray background.

Yes grey would be wonderfull. :sick:

I dont have a digital camera but my friend will be over later and i will try to get some up before tommorow, hopefully.

I think i need to invest in one. :p

Congrats! It looks great, and I like the black background. I spray painted mine black and it really brings out the color in the tank. Black, or deep blue always works well.

Grey? No.

Looking forward to more photos :) :good:

Well that's just my opinion...maybe It would have looked better if you had your hood lights on? Decor looks good though.

Yeah true...but black is so dark. I had a black background once and it made the water look bad too. I guess it depends on what type of background you select...like the texture and all that. One guy on here said that he uses black trash bags, says they work great with the water.

I agree with Aquadreams (not about the gray thing about black being to dark). I think the best color background is a dark blue, not to dark, but also not to bright.

Well that's just my opinion...maybe It would have looked better if you had your hood lights on? Decor looks good though.

The hood lights are on a flash from a camera will overcome them. Plus it was the original light that came with the set-up god knows how old it is.

Some updated pictures...

HeHe Full belly
2007_0115Image0003.jpg

Green Terror
2007_0115Image0002.jpg

Jack Dempsey (Not a great pic but you can see him, or her.
2007_0115Image0001.jpg

If anyone can give me a sex on the fish it would be very much appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back