90 Gallon Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i know ive been eyeing the one at my lfs but never had a large enough tank for him im going today to have them hold it for me until my tank is cycled. It should be a great addition.

yeah it will make a great addition once the tanks cycled
im not to sure it will be ok with the other fish you want tho,them oscars can be nasty cant they?

Yes i have to agree the pihranas are out i would like to keep a variety of larger fish. Im going to look into the catfish.

And how will green terrors and oscars grow in comparison to each other i know that oscars are very fast growing but i have no experience with green terrors. I would like to keep them as close to each others size to avoid any unseen complications.

Would the lima shovelnose work in this tank theyve had one at my LFS for about 2 months now its about 6 inches long?

I like the idea of a midas too i will keep on researching and thanks for all of the help!

Edit:

So now i am looking at

2 Oscars
1 Green Terror
1 Midas or Jack Dempsey
1 Lima Shovelnose

Any problems?

Ok, let me get this straight, as I think I got lost somewhere. This is for a 90 gallon tank, right? Because if it is, I thought that two oscars needed 125 gallons? I just don't think that a 90 gallon is big enough for 4 HUGE fish (don't know what a shovelnose is), why not go with just one oscar? I guess I'm just getting confused as a 75 gallon can only hold a single oscar and maybe a large-ish bottom feeder so how can a 90 gallon hold more then twice that?

Edit: Make that 5 huge fish

I have thought about that to and i think i will be going with one oscar... as for the shovelnose they are supposed to be compatible with the other fish given there is sufficent hiding spots which there will be.

I think that's a good idea! Better then some of them. This way you won't be overstocked. Looking forward to seeing pics when it's all up and running.

I think that's a good idea! Better then some of them. This way you won't be overstocked. Looking forward to seeing pics when it's all up and running.

Well its running right now after a very nervous fill as i live in a 2nd story apartment! I will try to get some pics allthough it is rather baron at the moment just some sand a small rock formation and a fake anchor my fiancee had to have for her tank that was just laying around. Hopefully i will get them by tonight!

one oscar sounds like a much better idea
what filtration are you gonna be running?how powerful is a penguin 330?

The filtration will be

Penquin 330 - 330 G/H for 75 G tank (came with the tank)
Hagen aquaclear 70 (temporary)
Fluval 404
If needed im going to get a Emperor 400

did you reserve the lima?

Im actually leaving in about 20 minutes to do it. hopefully they still have it if not i will have them order one.

EDIT: I just wanted to say its kinda ironic im getting a Lima shovelnose being as i live in Lima, OH. Mhhh

that shovelnose looks nice :D

btw are these the catfish that can hardly turn around?

What do you mean by that? I dont see why it would have any problems turning around.

By the way ive got pics of the tank and will get pics of the shovelnose when i go to the LFS.

lol sorry I wasn't clear, there's a kind of pred catfish that some people on here own and basically it only grows to about 2 foot (I think) but because of the design of its 'shell' it finds it hard to turn

I like this post. I am trying to stock the exact same tank and had a Green Terror an Jack Dempsey as certains but not much else. I am definately going to look out for one of those shovelnoses now, looks amazing, cant wait for pics

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back