90 Gallon Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tnhowery

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So this weekend i got the opportunity to get a 90 gallon tank with a penguin 330 bio-wheel filter for FREE!!!! My aunt had bought it at a garage sale and wasnt using it so it got passed onto me.

So i know have the tank set-up (after a nerve racking fill) and ready to go but im not sure what to put in it. I want to go with the largest fish that i can for a 90G.

I was thinking about 2-3 Oscars but i would like a little diversity in the tank.

If you have any ideas help me out a bit thanks in advance...

TH

I'd say get 1 Arowana, 1 clown or ghost knife and 2 Oscars :D That'd look great and they all eat live food so you wouldn't have to worry about one fish getting left out :lol:

Would the oscars be ok with an arowana i know they couldnt be with a BGK and i think the arowana get to big for this tank, although i could be wrong...

Arowanas need a tank 6ft in length and like 3ft wide, Oscars are fine with the arowana and Clown knife fish are great, I had my oscars (3) with my clown knife and they got along fine... never tried with a BGK though... mabye he's more agressive? :lol: at anyrate measure your aquarium and go to this site www.aqualandpetsplus.com

Lots of information about oddballs like knife fish and arowanas also about oscars and more :D

Good luck

I'd say get 1 Arowana, 1 clown or ghost knife and 2 Oscars :D That'd look great and they all eat live food so you wouldn't have to worry about one fish getting left out :lol:

Arowanas need a tank 6ft in length and like 3ft wide, Oscars are fine with the arowana and Clown knife fish are great, I had my oscars (3) with my clown knife and they got along fine... never tried with a BGK though... mabye he's more agressive? :lol: at anyrate measure your aquarium and go to this site www.aqualandpetsplus.com

Lots of information about oddballs like knife fish and arowanas also about oscars and more :D

Good luck
ainy you contradicting yourself there?

not really... he said not the BLK so i didn't put that in the second post... hows that contradiciting? BGK and Clown knives are 2 different fish enitrely...

are you sure thats a 90gallon tank? My 55gallon is 48long X 12 wide X 22 High...

ya the dimensions actually calculate to a 93.5 US Gallon, 353.96L or 77.86 UK Gallons.

not really... he said not the BLK so i didn't put that in the second post... hows that contradiciting? BGK and Clown knives are 2 different fish enitrely...

are you sure thats a 90gallon tank? My 55gallon is 48long X 12 wide X 22 High...
did you not recommend getting a arowana for the 90g tank then in your next post state arowanas need a 6x3?

I didn't know measurements of the 90gallon :lol: now I somewhat get it but still, you can house an arowana is a 90gallon for a small period of time, hell you can house them in 55gallon tanks... but sooner than later you'll need to move em :D

MASSIVE schools of smaller fish. Just think of how freakin cool it'd be to see a school of twenty neons hovering around...

ya i thought about it but ive got a 30 gallon that will have a school of neons so i would really like to go with bigger fish....

anyone???

I didn't know measurements of the 90gallon :lol: now I somewhat get it but still, you can house an arowana is a 90gallon for a small period of time, hell you can house them in 55gallon tanks... but sooner than later you'll need to move em :D
what difference do the measurements make a 90 is way to small however its shaped. the poster wanted suggestions on what big fish to keep in a 90g and does not mention upgrading and you suggest a clown knife and arowana both fish needing tanks of at least 6x2x2
thats some good advice keep up the good work :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back