I just did an Ammonia test on my 20 gallon tank and it is showing 8.0 PPMS of Ammonia. The tank is cycled, and I have had fish in it for over a year, this has to be wrong, right? I'm using a Doc Wellfish ammonia test kit, but it's pretty old, could it be defective? I change the water once per week 25 percent. The tank is planted. I'm going to do a 50 percent water change right now. I'll be back.
I tested the tap water and it was reading 0
I can't belive the fish are still alive! I tested the tank water agian to be sure and it has the same reading, but it seems like it's actually only 4.0 I was using some anti internal parasite medication, which i'm guessing did the trick. I will test my other tank and switch filter media in a moment.
and it was actually more like 4.0 PMS and this is a new type of stress coat, labeled "more effective" you can see the details of what it does above on my other posts.






