780 Liter Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ricbea

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

Late last night i decided to take the plunge and bought early Christmas present, a 780 liter tank
santa.gif
 . Spent the better part of today in DIY store buying necessary bits for the base, concrete block and 1 inch desk for it to sit on. I bought varying thicknesses of polystyrene sheeting to sit the tank on. Can anyone advise what the best thickness will be please?
I will be starting a journal on this and have been taking the requisite photos to start the journal off. They will follow in the next couple of days after I have taken the side of the house off to get the tank in!

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
Richard.

Hi Richard

I can't advise in terms of thickness other than to say on my old 750 litre tank it had polystyrene about an inch thick.

What are your stocking plans for the tank?

Hi Simonas,

Thanks for taking the time to answer, great news for me. I bought 1 inch as well. So, base is now complete and completely level across all angles, just need to get the tank in the house now. This is going to be the "fun" part  I think. I have got 3 of my friends coming round tomorrow to help. I think there may be a little overkill in the build of the tank. It is 13mm glass with all bottom angles reinforced but i guess stronger is better.
The tank is going to be stocked with Lake Malawi fish, I have spent hours researching and cross referencing fish to hopefully ensure that I don't experience to much aggression.  I am thinking I will stock between 60-70 fish. 
I imagine the journal will be started tomorrow evening. 

Good morning everyone,

So this will be the last post on this page. The tank is going in this afternoon and the journal be started on Old world section. I hope it will make for enjoyable viewing and reading. Plenty of photos and stats will be posted.

Wish me luck with the installation please. 
thanks.gif

Richard

I know I said the previous post was the last one on this page but...I have started the journal proper on old world cichlids page if anyone is interested. Photos included (free of charge) hope to see lots of people there with lots of comments good and bad.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back