7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

so you think, if its what i really want, just go ahead and buy a pair of leo's?
i would buy a female first, let her grow a bit, then add the male. its better to have a female thats a bit bigger than the male right?
say i got leo's at (for arguments sake) 8 inch, how long would it be before i would have to seriously look at upgrading the tank.
i meen im studying law at uni so apart from the fact i couldn't afford it yet, i have no room in my house, so maybe in 6 years when i finish i will get a monster tank but until then im stuck wit this one so i have no intentions of getting a bigger tank for quite some time.

so your tank with your leo's is 84"x30"x26"? that what you meant?

got some serious thinking to do i reckan!

cheers, Dave

yes its better the female is larger than the male
you will have about 3 or 4 years before they are getting massive

my leo pups are in a 6x2x2 for now,its my pearls that are in my 86x32x24

look into getting a pair of p14 instead of leos they stay a lot smaller and could stay in the tank for life
they are slightly more expensive but well worth it

as for the tigrinus £250 is about right for a 6" fish 12" ones are usually £350
your best getting a large one because small ones can just die for no apparent reason

where would i get p14's from? what are your water stats for the leo's?
yeah i was looking into bigger zebras, depends on the funds i suppose, i mainly want the tank for rays so they will be my priority!

Dave

yeah could do, just emailed someone in holland who has p14's available so i suppose i just wait for an email!
also there was a guy selling a breeding pair of scobina a couple of months back, might see if he still has them or if he knows where i can get a couple of pups.
will have to wait and see, i could go to holland and pick some up myself but i don't know if i could be bothered travelling that far for them!

Dave

get in contact with richard as said,his p14s have just started breeding
there maybe a waiting list for the pups tho but its worth a try

my leos and all my fish are kept in hard london tap water
ph is around 7.5 and nitrate 40-60

my ph in my tank is 6.5, about 7.0 out of the tap. 6.5 is good for them isn't it? im not into this waiting list malarky, i can get some from holland, im not entirely sure what i want yet though. when the time comes i will make a decision.
its definitely leopoldi or p14's i want, all depends on availability and price really, my original budget was £1200 for a male and female ray, £250 for the zebra shovelnose, £100 for the tigerfish, £800 for the arowana but because i won't be getting them too close together i may be able to spend more, its a bloody pain this university jobbie, i don't like this budgeting haha

Dave

lol, i think i have 75p for a mountain minnow.... 80p for a neon :blink:

but, if you have the funds, and can get what you want, do it :good:

i spoke to the guy selling the breeding pair of potamotrygon scobina, he said he couldn't part with them at the time but now he is definitely selling them. £1000, this a good price??? they are definitely a ray that could live their whole life out in my tank! very tempted, just have to get to london to pick them up! and thats a long journey from morecambe lol.
what do ya reckan guys?

Dave

iits des seem a good price and id say the trip was worth it also the pics of my tank are further up dont know if youve seen

yes scobina stay small enough to stay in their for life
but i dont think they are the most attractive rays but each to their own
if you like them go for it

i know the guy who is selling them i have brought a ray from him in the past

yes mate it looks big, i'll stick with what i got for now lol.
yeah i think sonsidering they aren't readily availably and them maxing out at 12", plus they are a proven breeding pair, possibly the only breeding pair of scobina in the uk would make them worth £1000 should be able to sell on pups for at least £300 each once they settle and start brfeeding again!
yeah i know, i dont think they are attractive as the leo's or p14's but its the size and the fact they are breeding that tempts me, seems to be an ok price aswel.
Dave

i spoke to the guy selling the breeding pair of potamotrygon scobina, he said he couldn't part with them at the time but now he is definitely selling them. £1000, this a good price??? they are definitely a ray that could live their whole life out in my tank! very tempted, just have to get to london to pick them up! and thats a long journey from morecambe lol.
what do ya reckan guys?

Dave

it aint as far as Holland!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back